Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Data Collector - 2020 MINNESOTA YOUTH TOBACCO SURVEY
TEMPORARY EMPLOYMENT, FEBRUARY through mid-APRIL 2020
2020 MINNESOTA YOUTH TOBACCO SURVEY (MYTS)
ICF is seeking data collectors in (Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN) (St. Cloud, MN) (Rochester, MN) for the Minnesota Youth Tobacco Survey (MYTS). The MYTS documents tobacco-related beliefs, attitudes, and behaviors, and exposure to influences that promote or discourage tobacco use among students in grades 6-12 and is sponsored by the Minnesota Department of Health.
Data collector training for MYTS will be in early February (dates TBD), at the Minnesota Department of Health in St. Paul MN. Data collection will immediately follow training and will continue during the spring 2020 school semester, for approximately 6-8 weeks. If you have an interest in the health behavior of adolescents and can commit to maintaining open availability during the spring 2020 school semester, you may wish to apply for this data collector position. This is an opportunity to be involved in an important survey on topics of utmost importance to the nation. If hired, you will work in various locations around the country. You may be on the road for one or more days at a time without returning home. Travel is a key requirement of the position and cannot be negotiated. This position is NOT recommended for students enrolled in spring semester courses that require weekly class attendance.
- Administer a web-based survey to students in 1-5 classes per school
- Travel among schools in assigned locations and respond and report to survey supervisor in a timely manner
- Coordinate scheduling and follow-up for the conduct of makeup surveys, as required
- Complete required documentation for each visited school via an internet-based project system
- Act as on-site liaison with school personnel, working with school administrators, teachers, etc.
- Work independently
- Maintain expense logs and progress reports
- Receive assignments via an internet-based project system
- College graduate. Ideal for retired teachers, school administrators, and current graduate/thesis students able to work full-time with no travel restrictions
- Computer skills, including navigating the Internet, using web applications, emailing and attaching files
- Experience working with schools and children, particularly in middle and high school settings
- Experience in field data collection, survey/social science research, sales, or marketing
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED:
- Ability to lift and transport up to 20 lbs. of survey materials and other supplies
- Comfort with technology and troubleshooting common IT errors
- Extremely well-organized, with a strong eye for detail
- Capable of motivating others to cooperate
- Ability to adhere to strict time schedules and arrive on time and prepared for all appointments
- Professional appearance, demeanor, and clear speaking voice
- High degree of self-confidence and the ability to deal with difficult situations in a calm/professional manner
- Ability and willingness to travel by yourself
- Have a cell phone for use in the field
- Have a valid driver's license and an insured vehicle in good condition that you do not share with others
- Have a good driving record for the past 5 years
- Have a valid major credit card, with available funds for reimbursable travel expenses incurred
PAYMENT FOR TRAINING & DATA COLLECTION WORK:
Assuming acceptable completion of the two-day training and additional tasks immediately after training, you will receive gross pay for 16 hours ($288). For data collection in schools, you may expect to be paid your base hourly rate for 12 hours for one school, gross pay ($216), 24 hours for two schools, gross pay ($432), and 40 hours for three or more schools scheduled and surveyed in a given week, gross pay ( $720). Assuming continued acceptable performance, you can expect to work on a temporary, on-call basis during the study period. The work weeks may not be consecutive due to school calendars. Minnesota uses the travel reimbursement guidelines and per diem rates established by the Federal Government. For travel to training and during data collection, by rail, bus, or other public transportation, the actual cost of fare will be reimbursed. For travel in your personal vehicle to training and/or to conduct the survey work, you will be reimbursed according to the Federal Government privately owned vehicle mileage reimbursement rate, which is currently $0.58 per mile, plus tolls and parking. In addition, all your allowable travel expenses at locations away from home will be reimbursed within the allowable Federal Government per diem guidelines.
Your pay during data collection includes compensation for your time to do the following: (1) make advance calls to schools before the date of data collection; (2) organize the survey materials before going to the school; (3) travel to and from the school; (4) meet with the school contact and teacher(s), and survey students; (5) review the survey materials after the administration; (6) update the project’s case management system with collection details; (7) return the data collected to the designated ICF office; (8) follow up with the school about the return of make-ups, missing classes and/or forms; and (9) maintain communication with your supervisor.
(Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN) (St. Cloud, MN) (Rochester, MN)
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Minnesota Remote Office (MN99)