Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
ICF is hiring an experienced Director, Communications to help us create more visibility and excitement around the inspirational, mission-driven work of ICF – a $1.5 billion+ company that has doubled in size every five years for the past twenty. One of the leading management consultancies in the world, ICF works across a diverse set of industries including energy, environment, transportation, public health, education, cybersecurity, marketing services and much, much more. We work every day to improve the lives of millions of people and help them make big things possible.
Help us tell our story.
We’re looking for someone to help us manage an ambitious communications program and a growing set of resources, including rock-star agencies and an internal team of mission-driven communicators and marketers. Help us develop thoughtful, measurable and impactful strategic communications plans to enhance our corporate brand, support our industry marketing plans and create internal brand ambassadors. We are looking for someone with a passion for storytelling and aligning themselves with the business strategy to help make meaningful impact. What else?
- Work closely with the Vice President of Marketing and Communications to build and execute an effective communications strategy and plan that includes, executive communications, public relations, social media, content/messaging strategy, crisis communications, internal communications, brand development, reputation management and more
- Build and champion engaging and effective messages that permeate all communication channels
- Partner with internal business partners to develop and manage communications plans for our growing set of offerings
- Partner with our incredible clients to raise awareness of the work we are doing together
- Support an active executive visibility program that includes industry, investor and employee communications
- Help mobilize a thought leadership bureau for the Big Thinkers and Doers at ICF, including supporting visibility opportunities across a variety of media and digital platforms
- Help support a highly active M&A program through comprehensive communications plans
- Help produce corporate internal and external events, including bi-annual All Hands meetings for over 7,000 employees
- Be a message-machine and help us translate the complex work ICF does into memorable and emotionally relevant communications, marketing materials and assets
- Roll up your sleeves and write. You’ll be responsible for drafting and editing all kinds of internal and external communications
- Track and analyze channel metrics to gauge what we can do better and continually refine approaches
- Teach us something new! We know the best ideas often come from outside, from people who are willing to look at things differently
The skill set
We’re looking for someone with 6-8 years of communications experience. Corporate, in-house or agency experience preferred, and if you’ve worked in the industries of energy or technology, that’s a plus. You are detailed-oriented, an excellent writer and are able to communicate ideas creatively and concisely. You are outgoing and confident in representing our communications program to internal and external stakeholders and are comfortable working with executives at the highest level in the company. In addition:
- You have worked in a communications capacity in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- You are passionate about looking for new and creative ways to reach an audience
- You have experience working with – and getting the most out of – marketers, agencies, copywriters, designers and clients
- You have worked in both an internal and external communications capability
- You’re a driven self-starter with positive outlook, flexible nature, and tenacious work style
- You know your way around communication platforms to help support channel management and measurement
- You’re a driven self-starter with positive outlook, flexible nature, and tenacious work style.
- Excellent communication, collaboration and interpersonal skills
- Bachelor’s degree and strong record of academic performance
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)