Disaster Recovery Program Manager - Texas
ICF's Disaster Management Division seeks an experienced Program Manager to play a key leadership role in growing and managing its Disaster Recovery practice in the State of Texas.
The ideal candidate should have in-depth experience with the Department of Housing and Urban Development’s Community Development Block Grant – Disaster Recovery (CDBG-DR) program as well as other applicable federal disaster recovery programs. The person selected for this role will develop and lead large-scale disaster recovery programs in counties affected by natural disasters and will be charged with overseeing the implementation and administration of Housing Recovery programs for the State of Texas Department of Housing and Community Development (DHCD).
The ideal candidate will have proven experience in emergency management or disaster recovery programs with a track record of superior execution and growth. You will be responsible for ensuring that programs are positioned to optimize disaster grant resource allocation, build strong solutions for impacted areas, manage risk effectively, and adhere to the outlined Scope of Work. As Program Manager, you will be expected to provide high-level expertise across a broad range of business and related subject matter areas including public sector governance, project management, change management, and consensus building.
- Lead large, complex programs implementing major state and community-level post-disaster recovery efforts, including administering federal financial assistance such as FEMA Public Assistance (PA), FEMA Individual Assistance (IA) and HUD Community Development Block Grant – Disaster Recovery (CDBG-DR) funds.
- Ensure that the services provided by the program team address state/community level recovery goals and support strong coordination with the appropriate public agencies and other entities involved in recovery efforts.
- Manage and track complex project plans/controls, budgets, schedule, teams and other resources, including risk mitigation strategies.
- Serve as the direct interface with state/local client agency, including high-level elected and appointed officials, as well as senior program staff.
- Supervise a dynamic staff of direct reports, creating opportunities for growth.
- Oversee a team of technical experts on disaster recovery programs who inform state and local recovery planning and program implementation.
- Manage multiple subcontractors simultaneously.
- Ensure the delivery of timely, effective and high-quality results to support the disaster recovery effort.
- Leverage pre-existing business relationships to create new opportunities and attract new clients.
- Ensure provision of high-quality service to all clients, taking action as necessary to maintain the firm’s high reputation for superior client services.
- Collaborate with other corporate business units when necessary to gather the appropriate resources to deliver projects on time and on budget.
- Support client agency leaders and senior program staff in briefing, reporting, and coordinating activities with federal agencies supporting disaster recovery efforts.
- Serve as the key project interface with ICF leadership, delivering updates on milestones/challenges, and using data-driven reporting and analysis to inform decisions.
- Show commitment to results and be strategically oriented to ensure profitable growth of the business.
- Ensure that all laws, rules, policies, procedures, and regulatory requirements are met.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Demonstrated experience in successful management of large-scale, multi-million-dollar disaster recovery or emergency management projects with at least 10+ years in a Project Management role.
- Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) housing or Federal Emergency Management Assistance (FEMA) Hazard Mitigation Grant Program (HMGP) experience at the federal, state, or local level and/or private sector and a working knowledge of regulatory and statutory compliance requirements for CDBG housing and/or FEMA hazard mitigation and similar programs/projects is preferred.
- Professional reputation for consistent excellence in delivering on client commitments, ensuring effective program and project quality review processes, and driving a customer satisfaction culture.
- Experience with state and local governments, and the types of initiatives necessary to help them rebuild their economy and culture following significant disruptions, such as natural disasters.
- Demonstrated ability to internally monitor all program and project activities to ensure quality control and quality assurance and be prepared for Federal audits of program activities.
- Familiarity with emergency planning, mitigation planning and using grants management systems.
- Demonstrated success managing complex cross-functional teams to achieve high levels of production, meet tight deadlines, and deliver compliant, quality work products.
- Ability to formulate strategies to create new, creative approaches and profitable solutions.
- Demonstrated success in program execution, client relationships, and profitability.
- Proven track record of leading a team and accomplishing successful business results.
- Recognized as an industry leader with a strong client focus and an extensive network within the Disaster Recovery sector.
- Ability to deploy in the United States, including Puerto Rico, for long-term assignments and with flexibility to travel.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making capabilities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, emotional intelligence, critical thinking skills, and integrity and ethics.
- Team player with the demonstrated ability to build organizational capability, motivate teaming partners/staff to ensure high levels of engagement, and work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project Management Software).
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Texas Client Office (TX88)