Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Aviation Airline Senior Consultant
Do you want to help make air travel a more satisfying and rewarding experience? How about working with senior executives of major airlines and airports to improve operational efficiency and punctuality, or working with major airports to improve operational resilience?
ICF IS DOING JUST THAT! In the last year, we have:
- Led a major joint airline-airport project at one of Europe’s largest hub airports to deliver a strategy for increased operational resilience during unplanned disruption.
- Worked with 3 major European airlines to assist them in improving punctuality and operational resilience at their home hub.
- Worked with a large European ground handling company to help them in increasing staff productivity, and reducing costs.
- Assisted a large Middle Eastern carrier with making major improvements to its network, fleet and operations control departments.
- Devised a long term strategy for a major industry body to ensure that they are able to lead, serve and represent the industry more effectively.
ICF’s aviation team works with major and well-known clients worldwide offering a comprehensive range of services including operational efficiency improvement, operational readiness, market analysis, demand forecasting, economic analysis, strategy, business planning and management organisation. Our high-impact work contributes to the continued development and improvement of critical air transport companies and infrastructure around the world.
Our staff includes former airline and airport executives, maintenance and operations specialists, financial analysts, and other aviation experts offering highly specialised skills in aviation fundamentals. The depth of our experience includes thousands of client engagements and a 50-year track record. Visit the ICF Aviation page to learn more at www.icf.com/aviation .
What would you do?
ICF Aviation EMEA is currently seeking a Senior Airline Consultant to join our team, based in our London office. You should be able to demonstrate a background in the areas of consulting, airline operations, ground handling, and manpower planning. You will also have a good knowledge of the international airline and ground handling markets, and a good network of industry contacts, having previously worked in airlines and/or other aviation sectors. This position typically requires a candidate with a proven track record in aviation, strong analytical and presentation capabilities, and proven project management capability.
What would your main activities be?
- Assisting the Aviation Team with a range of business development activities, particularly focused on operational airline and ground handling opportunities.
- Project management of client and/or internally-driven initiatives to include monitoring budget, timeline, and scope.
- Collaborating with senior colleagues for business development efforts and proposal development support.
- Preparation of high quality client deliverables (typically an MS PowerPoint or MS Word report).
And your main responsibilities?
Sales and Business Development:
- Establish and maintain good relationships with key contacts at client organisations.
- Attend industry conferences for networking, new business development, and deliver speeches.
- Identify and pursue projects at target accounts.
- Work closely with senior colleagues to support new business development initiatives and identify opportunities to enhance existing client relationships.
- Participate as a member of a consulting team on client projects, which typically include assessments, diagnostics, LEAN process improvements, analysis and client-facing leadership and implementation phases.
- Structure and manage assignments, including outlining and drafting key deliverables, defining analyses, directing teams of analysts and associates, and taking responsibility for preparing a client-ready final work product.
Intellectual Capital Development/Update:
- Support updating of market intelligence/research reports.
- Support Intellectual Property development projects as directed.
- Support corporate growth initiatives, such as the development of intellectual capital, white papers, conference attendance, or marketing materials.
- Support internal discussions and analyses to develop firm-wide perspectives.
- A minimum of 15 years’ overall experience in the aviation industry, of which ideally a significant portion will have been spent working directly in airline or ground handling operations.
- Demonstrable project management experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Ability to travel.
- Ability to live and work in the UK.
- University degree.
- Demonstrable expertise in global airline or ground handling-related markets.
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award-winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energised and empowered workforce.
This role will be based in one of our ICF Global offices in the US, London or Delhi.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity).
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
London Riverscape (GB75)