Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Managing Consultant – Energy and Climate: Corporate sustainability; low carbon transport; distributed energy/energy storage
Managing Consultant – Energy and Climate
Corporate sustainability; low carbon transport; distributed energy/energy storage
London – Permanent and Full Time
ICF helps its clients to consider the impacts of policy choices on the environment, climate, society, health and the economy. We offer research, analysis and programme management services to policymakers in the UK Government, European Commission and national governments around Europe. We provide decision-makers with evidence on impacts, advice on how policies are working and analysis of the likely effects of proposed policies. Our work involves technical analysis and modelling, including substantial, repeated service work under UK and EC programmes.
Our Energy and Climate team works extensively on improving energy efficiency and mitigating greenhouse gas emissions at national and international level. Our experts work at the intersection of policy and practice, helping government and commercial clients worldwide devise effective energy and climate strategies and deliver implementation programmes.
For example, we are currently working on:
- Technical and economic analysis to underpin energy efficiency incentives
- Ecodesign and labelling regulations for a wide range of energy-using products
- Implementing grant support programmes for industrial energy efficiency and innovative, international climate policy technical assistance
- Implementing financial mechanisms to deploy innovative renewable energy and low carbon technologies at large scale
- Competitiveness analyses of the European low carbon industry
- Technical assistance to help EU Member States implement their National Energy and Climate Plans (NECPs)
- Sustainability programmes in industry and commerce
We would like to add Managing Consultants to the Energy and Climate team, to contribute and expand all aspects of our work and lead one or more of three service offerings: corporate sustainability; low carbon transport; and/or distributed energy/energy storage. This recruitment is for engineers and/or environmental economists with >10 years’ post-graduate experience.
Work as part of a multi-national, collaborative team of energy engineers and economists, often taking leadership roles to:
- Win, manage and deliver energy and climate technical assistance contracts for private and public sector clients, taking a lead in one or more of: corporate sustainability, low carbon transport and/or distributed energy/energy storage
- Build and maintain relationships with key clients
- Manage project teams and subcontractors, taking responsibility for meeting client needs within quality, time and cost constraints
- Promote the company at client meetings, events, networking groups and through social media channels by providing thought leadership content on pertinent topics
- Maintain appropriate records / uphold quality assurance integrity
- Support business development activities
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, environmental economics or related discipline
- Experience winning and successfully delivering energy and climate consulting projects for private and public sector clients in the energy, industry and transport sectors
- Expertise in at least one of corporate sustainability, low carbon transport and/or distributed energy/energy storage, including relevant market economics and applicable low carbon technologies
- Extensive project and proposal management experience
- Proven marketing communication skills
- Experience with commercial deployment of low carbon technologies in industrial applications
- Knowledge of the applicable UK/EU energy and climate policy framework
- Strong qualitative and quantitative analysis capability
- Proven high degree of determination to meet customers’ needs
- At least 10 years’ professional consulting experience.
- Masters’ degree in engineering or related discipline
- Ability to lead and work within multi-cultural, multi-disciplinary consulting teams spread across several countries and time zones.
- Application of smart energy and data analytics solutions to solve client needs
- Line management experience in a professional consulting environment
- Experience implementing climate / sustainable energy financial mechanisms
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
London Riverscape (GB75)