Senior Manager, Healthcare & Life Sciences (Communications)
Who we are:
At ICF Next, we are fearless in finding new ways to solve problems, relentless in making sure our work pays off for our clients, and committed to making a positive change in the world. Join our community of mission-driven creatives, communicators, strategists, and technologists to challenge the status quo. We are proudly part of the ICF family of companies.
What we’re seeking:
Our Los Angeles office is looking for a Director to lead clients and teams focusing on life sciences communications, marketing, and public affairs. We are seeking a Director who can serve as a trusted advisor to life sciences leaders, defining and implementing life sciences, pharmaceuticals, and biotechnology communication, marketing, and public affairs strategies. We like solution-oriented leaders who focus on building collaborative teams. The ideal candidate has subject matter expertise and leadership skills that deliver high-value, strategic counsel to our clients.
What you’ll do:
Serve as advisor to clients and build client relationships
- Serve as a life sciences communications expert and advisor, both carrying out and overseeing the completion of project work and deliverables.
- Make strategic recommendations to clients based on understanding business needs, data analysis, and subject matter expertise.
- Oversee the strategy and planning for client accounts, understanding client needs and looking for opportunities to expand our business with clients.
- Develop and produce strategic external stakeholder outreach (e.g. media, advocacy groups, health professional organizations).
- Participate in writing new business proposals.
Oversee communication, marketing, and public affairs strategy on client accounts
- Facilitate projects and design process to develop strategies for the communications, marketing, and public affairs functions of life sciences organizations.
- Lead assessment activities, including approving survey design and conducting stakeholder interviews.
- Lead the team to consolidate research inputs and present recommendations for clients’ strategies.
- Lead client meetings and presentations.
- Manage and produce work across the life cycle of projects, such as developing strategic plans, writing executive presentations, writing science-focused articles and press releases, and collaborating with journalists.
- Direct client teams, ensuring development of client-ready work product and presentations.
- Oversee account processes to ensure the team is completing work of high quality.
- Provide feedback and coaching to colleagues as needed.
Team leadership and mentoring
- Mentor team members for improvement.
- Motivate the team to do their best work.
- Promote a positive, collaborative environment.
- Demonstrate a strong ability to manage across teams and divisions to execute on client work.
- 5+ years of professional experience in life sciences communication, marketing, and/or public affairs, specifically in strategic communications planning, media relations, digital media, and social media
- 5+ years of client-facing experience
- 7+ years of experience designing and managing projects
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, preferably in Communications, Public Relations, Business, Journalism, English, Public Health, Public Policy, or a STEM-related field
- Depth of knowledge in the science of science communication
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Strong business acumen and analytical thinking
- Ability to be based on the Los Angeles office and travel outside of Los Angeles up to 30% of the time
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Los Angeles, CA (CA75)