Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
@ ICF Next, we are fearless in finding new ways to solve problems, relentless in making sure it pays off for our clients and committed to making a positive change in the world. Join our community of mission-driven creatives, communicators, strategists, and technologists to challenge the status quo.
We’re currently hiring for a Systems Engineer in our Chicago office.
As a Systems Engineer, you will:
- Develop, maintain and optimize automated deployment, certification and testing infrastructure
- Build, configure and tune highly available client-facing systems
- Engineer virtual systems based upon client needs, tasks and goals
- Build, create and maintain automated solutions with scripting, build systems, shared resources and other integrated systems
- Assist with systems deployments, upgrades and maintenance
- Configure and use system monitoring tools and notification/alerting services
- Participate in research, concept testing and usability testing to deploy new technologies
As a Systems Engineer, you will have:
- 3+ years of Linux (CentOS and Ubuntu) systems experience, preferably in a DevOps or hosting environment
- 1+ years of SQL server administration
- General understanding of software development life cycle pipelines
- An interest in learning how to automate everything (build, test, release/deploy, monitoring, reporting), which includes "Infrastructure as Code".
- Familiarity in Configuration Management Products (Chef, Ansible, etc.)
- An interest in learning Continuous Integration & Continuous Delivery in the software engineering process and how a DevOps / Systems Engineer facilitates these practices in collaboration with the Development, Quality Assurance and Technical Operations teams to drive business goals
- An Interest in working with Docker and Kubernetes (Openshift)
Job Location(s): Minneapolis, MN & Chicago, IL
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Chicago, IL (IL11)