Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Help Desk SME
ICF is currently seeking a Subject Matter Expert with a background in Information Technology to join our Service Desk Team in Woodlawn, MD. This position is responsible for providing oversight and procedural support of an 19 staff Service Desk in support of multiple facets of the Federal Government’s HSPD-12 program. Successful candidates must be able to work in a team environment with minimal to no supervision.
Join our team of cyber pioneers with expertise and decades of experience defending and protecting some of the nation’s most valuable resources—ICF. Through implementation of effective cybersecurity solutions, ICF supports security awareness, readiness, resilience and response to cyber incidents. Our extensive customer base has benefited from the leading-edge work our security engineers and data scientists perform in maintaining and advancing situational awareness of the current cyber threat landscape.
- Identify and recommend Standard Operating Procedures for the HSPD-12 Service Desk and SSA client
- Partner with the SSA team in support of Quality initiatives
- Validate SSA monthly metrics to ensure accuracy for the ICF team members
- Identify, recommend and implement Continual Service Improvements to meet/exceed client expectations
- Work with the Service Desk technical lead to identify potential training needs for staff members
- Use email, ticketing, IM or other administrative tools to address issues for end users
- Perform installation, configuration and support within the Windows environment
- Troubleshoot and analyze hardware and software workstation problems to include a variety of peripherals and associated software for the HSPD-12 enrollment process
- Addressing issues related to client configuration, system and application software for escalation to senior analyst support and/or software developers
- Performing remote Windows Server administration functions and network connectivity checks, including verify server availability
- Collaborating with team on escalations in-depth application, networking and database support
- Self-motivated and ready to take ownership of, and provide resolution for, end-user issues
- •Providing user support for Enterprise Single Sign-On, VPN, McAfee encryption and main frame applications
- Assisting to manage administration aspects of HSPD-12 Service Desk
- Bachelor’s Degree plus 5 years related experience
- Must possess knowledge of helpdesk standards, procedures, reporting metrics, and best practices
- Must possess knowledge of Windows operating systems, databases, networks and computer hardware (including peripheral devices such as scanners, cameras, etc.).
- Exhibit strong team player skills with a willingness to assume responsibility and respond to new challenges.
- Demonstrate professionalism, strong written and oral communication skills and the ability to work within a team and independently
- Must be willing to learn client environment including client management and client IT applications
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Team player with the ability to work in a fast-pace environment.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-pace environment.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Maryland Client Office (MD88)