Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Head Start Administrative Assistant
ICF seeks a full-time Administrative Assistant to support Head Start and Early Head Start programs to ensure high quality Head Start and Early Head Start services in accordance with federal regulations. Do you enjoy coordinating events including travel for very large groups (800+)? Want a role where you can work independently? Enjoy creating PowerPoint presentations and are savvy with Excel. Have an analytical mind and like working with invoices? If so, please apply to this role.
You will support the Region VI Head Start Training and Technical Assistance (TTA) Team. The ideal candidate would have provided support to a Training or Technical team.
***This position will be located in Dallas, TX
- Prepare regularly occurring reports to ICF and the Office of Head Start (OHS)
- Provide agenda and note taking activity for all management and staff meetingsPrepare Monthly Travel Plan (MTP) Projections and Final Reports for submission to Regional Office (RO)/OHS
- Prepare MTP monthly template and monitor the MTP for accuracy
- Produce reports from the Head Start Enterprise System at the request of the RO and TAC.
- Maintain/update fiscal tools and review invoices for discrepancies, prepare adjustments as needed and provide updates to TAC monthly and or as requested
- Maintain meeting and training events calendars. Groups can be as big as 800. Schedule/coordinate meetings and training events including securing of space, logistical details, registration, materials and all onsite tasks
- Prepare PowerPoints and meeting marketing tools on behalf of the team
- Assist team with the development and support of relevant databases and conduct data analysis as requested by RO and TAC
- At TAC/RO request, act as link to OHS support contractor for communication flow
- Provide pre and post support for case management meetings, cluster trainings, institutes, and RO meetings as requested
- Prepare mailings and receive, log and distribute mail and packages
- Support TAC and managers with on-boarding of new staff, e.g. requesting accounts, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
- Associate/Bachelors degree from an accredited U.S. College
- 2 years of experience ideally providing administrative support to teams primarily off site
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel) required
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited U. S. college
- Smart sheet proficiency
- Experience working with federal government programs, particularly in a consulting environment
- Experience providing logistical support and general project support, such as activity tracking, task coordination, and material formatting
- Experience setting up and managing webinars
- Superior attention to detail and the ability to meet stringent deadlines
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making capabilities
- Ability to be flexible, multi-task, prioritize, and manage multiple activities simultaneously in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Strong team player with the ability to take initiative and work well independently
- Excellent verbal, oral, written communication skills
- Ability to work with all levels of internal staff, as well as outside clients and vendors.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills including courtesy, professionalism, and a cooperative attitude
- Ability to build productive business relationships
- Excellent time management and communication skill
- Ability to exercise good judgment, discretion, tact, and diplomacy
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Texas Client Office (TX88)