Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Managing Consultant – Environmental Policy
What we do:
We are looking for a Managing Consultant in Environment Policy to join a growing team within our business that develops, analyses and evaluates policies relating to environmental issues at the top of today’s policy agenda, across:
- natural environment and biodiversity policy,
- natural resource management (fisheries, land, agriculture, food),
- green economy, and
- Environmental governance.
Much of our work involves economic analysis and evaluation of environmental policies, programmes contexts and institutions. Recent projects include: a review of Environmental Land Management payment methods; research on the blue economy benefits of marine protected areas, leading the EU’s Business & Biodiversity Platform, undertaking reviews of environmental funding needs and mechanisms, and delivering evaluations and impact assessments on a diverse range of topics including the EU Nature Directives, protected areas, national biodiversity strategy, no net loss/net gain, plastic reuse and recycling, plant health/biosecurity, fisheries, environmental crime, marine planning, the natural capital approach and EU funding instruments.
About the role:
From day one, you will have the opportunity to win, manage and deliver a diverse range of projects for the European Commission and UK Government. You will be contributing innovative ideas and practices to the business, helping achieve excellent, cutting edge research and expanding ICF’s work into new areas. You will have the chance to develop your knowledge and skills further through excellent training and development opportunities.
Your main responsibilities will be to:
- Oversee and deliver high quality policy and economic research, analysis and evaluation
- Build relationships with existing and new clients to understand and address their needs
- Pursue business development opportunities and build networks and partnerships
- Lead proposals, including building teams, developing methodologies and budgets
- Manage project budgets, project teams including subcontractors, and the delivery of project outputs to a diverse range of clients
- Manage and develop junior members of the team
Who we’re looking for:
- An experienced Managing Consultant to join a well-established practice within ICF that develops, analyses and evaluates environmental policies and programmes.
- A proven work winner to drive forward expansion of ICF’s existing and new areas of work.
- An intellectually curious and very well organised individual, with an ability to see the many dimensions of a policy problem and to engage and work with leading thematic experts.
- An experienced economist and / or evaluator (or policy analyst or similar with relevant economic and/or evaluation background and interest).
You will have:
- A desire and ability to develop areas of the environment practice business
- Sound knowledge of UK and EU environmental policy
- A track record in delivering impact assessments, evaluations and/or research projects
- Skills in economic analysis, environmental economics and quantitative and qualitative research methods.
- Experience of managing large and complex projects / teams
- Experience of writing competitive bids, managing budgets, tasks, and client interactions
- Ability to develop and convey expertise on a topic to a range of audiences
- Ability to think through the methodological challenges of investigating a topic
- Good grasp of the strengths and weaknesses of qualitative and/or quantitative methods
- Ability to write quickly and to communicate with others in excellent English (additional European languages would be an asset)
- Relevant experience of a minimum of eight years
- A relevant university degree
Ready to apply
Interested candidates are invited to follow the link and submit both a CV and a cover letter outlining motivations to apply.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
London Riverscape (GB75)