Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
To provide guidance and support to the ICF Europe and Asia Division on a wide variety of contractual and commercial risk matters, and to ensure the adherence of the business to legal, regulatory and internal compliance requirements. This role requires close interactions with the wider business throughout tender processes and for the duration of live contracts. The prime objective of this role is to identify sources of commercial risk and to provide guidance towards the mitigation of such risks, maintaining an appropriate balance of risk and reward.
- The review of client Invitations to Tender and responding Proposals to highlight potential commercial risks and to provide advice on mitigation measures.
- The review and negotiation of client contracts and other agreements.
- The preparation and negotiation of standard ICF sales-related agreements e.g. non-disclosure agreements, licence agreements, teaming agreements(without separate legal support)
- The effective management of contract claims and variations.
- The provision of assistance in the resolution of commercial disputes with clients.
- The provision of advice to staff within the business on a wide range of commercial issues including but not limited to, the management and protection of intellectual property, contractual liability, conflict of interest, business ethics and data protection matters.
- Contributing to the development of policies and procedures for managing contracts, including Contract Management Systems.
Applicants will need to demonstrate the following:
- At least 5 years of commercial contracting experience.
- Business-related or legal qualifications.
- An excellent understanding of contract law and its application (in the context of commercial contracts)
- The ability to provide commercial / legal advice at all stages of the contract process
- Negotiation Skills
- Risk management skills
- Ability to use MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- A working knowledge of UK Government Procurement processes.
- A working knowledge of the contractual procedures of various international funding organisations including the European Commission and the Department for International Development,
- Active Membership of IACCM (International Association for Contract & Commercial Management) or similar body
- Proven experience in a services consultancy environment.
- Willingness to undertake occasional travel including overseas
- Excellent written and organisational skills.
- The ability to communicate effectively at all levels and to act with a substantial degree of independence within delegated limits.
- The ability to manage a varied workload to achieve agreed deadlines without compromising quality or standards.
- The ability to respond effectively to changing priorities.
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- The ability to show discretion and work with sensitive and confidential information.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
London Riverscape (GB75)