Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Public Health Implementation Technician
Health, Environment, Analytics, Resilience, and Social (HEARS)
Health, Science, and Human Services (HS2)
Silver Spring, MD
Public Health Implementation Technician
ICF is seeking a Public Health Implementation Technician with a public health project coordination/ management background for a full-time, on-site position in Silver Spring, MD. This position supports ICF’s work with the Defense Health Agency (DHA) Psychological Health Center of Excellence (PHCoE), Clinical Care Branch. The position supports a variety of public health-related activities within a DoD / military population. Example activities may include, but are not limited to opioid-related trainings, program evaluations, and clinical support tools; working group facilitation (meeting management, minutes, progress tracking, etc.); suicide-related activities such as publishing management guidelines, policy management, and clinical support tools (representative list only, not exhaustive).
The successful candidate will also bring project management / coordination related experience to help keep tasks/initiatives/projects on track (progress tracking, risk management, stakeholder communications, etc.). He/she will also have experience interfacing with external stakeholders (i.e., external to the client organization, PHCoE).
- Manage and coordinate mental/behavioral/public health training programs with external stakeholders and providers.
- Manage and coordinate various work groups (e.g., “Suicide Intervention Work Group”) to ensure work group charters and objectives are executed and obtained as designed.
- Develop rapport with Service leads and providers at various medical treatment facilities and clinics to share and disseminate information and resources.
- Conduct program evaluations as directed.
- Serve as primary POC for various Information Collection activities, answering questions, helping to ensure activities remain on schedule.
- Maintain familiarity with the Institutional Review Board review process and provide process execution support as needed.
- Develop written products (e.g. Briefing papers, White Papers, Manuscripts, etc.), on psychological health topics as requested.
- Develop presentations for various stakeholder audiences as requested.
- Perform literature reviews as needed.
- Develop and present presentation content related to findings, activity progress, upcoming initiatives, meeting/work outcomes, etc. at meetings attended by both PHCoE staff and external stakeholders.
- Maintain and utilize project tracking tools for tracking project progress.
- Develop and utilize tools to evaluate the effectiveness of various mental, behavioral, public, and/or global health initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Health, Information Management, or Health-related field
- Minimum of 6 years of continuous professional experience supporting mental/behavioral or public health-related initiatives.
- Demonstrated experience operating as a member of a team with the ability to support multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with diverse stakeholders
- Sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information
- Excellent problem solving skills with ability to analyze situations, identify existing or potential problems and recommend solutions
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to communicate technical issues to non-technical audiences.
- The ability to work as part of a development team as well as work independently on assigned tasks.
- MS in public health or information management
- PMP Certification
- Experience managing large and complex project budgets
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Maryland Client Office (MD88)