Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
@ ICF Next, we are fearless in finding new ways to solve problems, relentless in making sure it pays off for our clients and committed to making a positive change in the world.
Join our community of mission-driven creatives, communicators, strategists, and technologists to challenge the status quo.
We’re currently hiring a Technical Director in our Toronto office to lead a team of solution architects and engineers to direct all technical aspects of one loyalty client and lead product innovations on ICF Next’s Tally platform. As the technical owner and leader of one loyalty client, you will be a client facing leader who is passionate about technology, analyzing client needs, solutioning, and driving an operationally excellent team.
As the Technical Director, you will have ownership over a growing team which includes solution architects, software engineers, and data team members. In addition, you will regularly interact with the client, account leads, technical project managers and business analysts leads to continue to drive innovation and deliver technology solutions on the Tally platform for the client.
As a Technical Director you will:
- Lead strategic planning for technology development and platform innovation. This will include client solutioning, application architecture, design, code reviews, build automation and gathering technical requirements. (30%)
- Build successful relationships with internal and external clients to drive adoption of technical solutions and resulting revenue streams. (20%)
- Manage and oversee engineers to deliver and operate projects on time and within budget. (20%)
- Assist project managers to estimate development of application features, create a schedule for the development process, and assign resources to accomplish those tasks. (10%)
- Provide input into project planning working with project managers creating and communicating technical specifications and working in conjunction with business analysts to craft functional requirements for all projects on all work streams for the client. (10%)
- Aid in the "hands-on" development of technical solutions for client projects. (10%)
As a Technical Director, you will have:
- 8+ years of experience designing, developing, and building enterprise Java web applications using REST/SOAP APIs and microservices.
- Experience interfacing and collaborating with senior-level business executives
- Experience mentoring, directing, and/or leading software engineers
- Strong competency for application performance tuning
- Stron competency for delivering applications with front-end technologies
- Experience working with industry standard enterprise web applications and technical infrastructure, including design and application performance tuning.
- Proficient in: Java , Spring/Hibernate, SQL Server, Continuous Delivery Automation utilizing Atlassian (Jira, BitBucket, Bamboo, Confluence, HipChat)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Software Engineering or a related field
Why you’ll love working here:
- Full health benefits (100% dental coverage, prescription, vision, massages, life insurance and short term/ long term disability)
- Generous vacation and retirement plans
- Employee support program
- A brand new cell phone, with upgrades every 24 months (we’ve got your phone bill covered, too)
- Ongoing training and development opportunities, education assistance programs
- Catered Friday lunches
- Loaded snack cupboards
- Friendly community with lots of social events – from boat cruises to volleyball tournaments
- Participation in charity initiatives
Like what you see and think you’re a perfect fit? Apply today.
Please be assured we’ll treat any information you share with us with the utmost care, only use your information for recruitment purposes and will never sell it to other companies for marketing purposes. Please review https://www.icf.com/legal/Canada-privacy-statement to view ICF’s Privacy Statement for more details.
We thank all candidates in advance for their application, but only those contacted for an interview will receive a reply.
At ICF Next, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to creating a culture with a diversity of talented individuals who join, stay, and work in an environment that enables them to thrive. ICF Next is committed to providing accommodations. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
Toronto, Canada (CD80)