Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Hazard Mitigation Loss Avoidance Specialist
Our Hazard Mitigation team in Sacramento, CA is looking for an immediate hire to augment our existing mitigation professionals! Our partnership with CA OES is growing. We expect this full time role to be for a minimum of 12 months, and we are offering exceptional pay and benefits for this opportunity.
- Provide technical assistance in Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
- Prepare and explain hazards risk analysis for loss avoidance studies, and building codes and performance, and conducting benefit cost analysis (BCA) and justifications to support the outcome of the analysis
- Translate technical data for both technical and non-technical audiences
- Provides technical assistance on HMGP applications and for loss avoidance studies
- Provide Benefit Cost Analysis (BCA) technical assistance
- Provide risk analysis technical assistance to HM branch
- Provide technical assistance relating to building codes
- Solid technical understanding of fire, flood, and earthquake mitigation
- Understanding of HMGP and ability to discuss/identify how research findings connect back to what makes a good mitigation project
- The ability to apply the concepts of general engineering related to water quality/design or floodplain management; knowledge of construction, roadway, drainage, engineering, landscape, and building architecture; and an understanding of risk vulnerability, Geographic Information System (GIS) tools and modeling
- A bachelor’s degree in engineering, physical science, construction design and management, architecture fields, or economics apply to this field
- Able to start work immediately in Sacramento, CA
- Exceptional team building and partnership skills
- Eager self starter
- Dedicated to the quality outcome of work performed
- FEMA experience
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Sacramento, CA (CA86)