Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Staff Accountant, G/L
ICF is seeking an accounting professional to serve as a Staff Accountant. This role will report to the Accounting Manager and will participate in the month end close process as well as other assigned tasks that advance the Finance/Accounting Department goals. The ideal candidate will have Costpoint experience.
This position will be based in our Fairfax, VA headquarters.
What you will be doing......
- Prepare and upload journal entries using Costpoint including use of the preprocessor template
- Assess accuracy/validity of journal entries provided to the GL team
- Follow-up with Project Finance personnel regarding incomplete/inaccurate data when required
- Prepare assigned account reconciliations utilizing Blackline by their due dates
- Manage time/processes so that accrual/adjustment deadlines outlined in the month end close calendar are met
- Ensure that all policies, procedures and SOX controls related to the assigned processes are adhered to
- Other responsibilities assigned by the Accounting Manager/Senior Manager
What you will need....
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 1+ years of accounting experience
- US GAAP knowledge
- Experience working in a professional services or government contracting environment
- Excellent Excel skills
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Desire to continue improving on accounting knowledge and skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making capabilities
- Ability to work independently and be responsible to follow up on action items
- Team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work with all levels of internal staff as well as outside clients and vendors
- Professional demeanor
What would be nice to have...
- Deltek Costpoint experience
- Cognos experience
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)