Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Commercial Outreach/Sales Representative, Energy Efficiency - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Location
Commercial Outreach/Sales Representative, Energy Efficiency
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Location
We are currently seeking an energy efficiency program Commercial Outreach/Sales Representative to join our Energy Efficiency team to provide critical program outreach, education and field services for a Philadelphia based commercial and industrial (C&I) energy efficiency program.
- Work as part of the energy efficiency team to identify and promote energy efficiency projects that qualify for participation in the client sponsored program.
- Provide technical assistance and guidance on energy efficient technologies and practices that qualify for participation in the program to building owners/operators, architects, engineers, contractors, builders and other trade allies participating in client-sponsored energy efficiency programs. Must be able to effectively communicate to both technical trade allies and non-technical audiences.
- Understand commercial grade technical specifications, engineering calculations and cost estimates for energy efficiency projects.
- Independently build and maintain relationships with key market actors in the building energy industry including architects, engineers, contractors, energy raters/consultants, builders, public officials, public interest groups, building owners and utility customers.
- Maintain strong ongoing communications with participating contractors and consultants in order to facilitate and support their participation in the program
- Contribute to the evolution of program strategies and the design of program features, services, and marketing campaigns
- Conduct market ally outreach and training as needed
- Promote commercial grade whole building efficiency strategies, and make recommendations for energy efficiency upgrades or improvements.
- Prepare status reports to accurately describe activities in the field and to monitor progress towards program goals on contractor/consultant participation and the completion of eligible projects. Daily use of the program’s customer relationship management (CRM) system is required for the purposes of tracking activities and for the project management team to understand what our active funnel of leads and opportunities is at any given time.
- Coordinate with or follow up on program Quality Assurance activities as appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree (Engineering, Energy, Building Science, Construction Management, business) or related trade experience.
- 5+ years of overall experience with 3+ years of hands on experience in the electrical, energy efficiency, energy auditing or trade ally sectors
- 1-2 years of Sales and business development experience
- Ability to travel throughout Southeastern Pennsylvania
- 3+ years of experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Experience working on successful energy efficiency programs, with specific expertise in energy efficiency technologies and products, as well as energy issues in the C&I space
- Demonstrated experience in building and maintaining relationships with key market actors in the commercial construction industry including architects, builders, engineers, contractors, developers, and public officials
- Experience with the energy efficiency program market in the Northeast, especially Pennsylvania
- Experience with the commercial trade allies in Pennsylvania or experience building relationships with trade allies in similar markets
- Familiarity with Pennsylvania and local jurisdiction building codes and practices
- Knowledge of integrated or whole building, building science principles
- Knowledge of commercial energy-efficient applications
- Knowledge of sustainable building practices and technologies
- Business-to-business sales or recruitment experience
- Certified Energy Manager, LEED other industry certification#LI-CC1
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Philadelphia, PA (PA06)