Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Sr. Quality Assurance Analyst
@ ICF Next, we are fearless in finding new ways to solve problems, relentless in making sure it pays off for our clients and committed to making a positive change in the world. Join our community of mission-driven creatives, communicators, strategists, and technologists to challenge the status quo.
We’re currently hiring for a Sr. Quality Assurance Analyst in one of our Minneapolis, MN Office.
The Sr. Quality Assurance Analyst evaluates and tests new or modified software applications and verifies the applications function according to user requirements. Ideal candidate has experience in testing web sites, web services, file processing and mobile applications; creating and executing test plans; and experience in functional testing, performance testing and automation testing.
As a Sr. QA Analyst you will:
- Produce thorough and detailed Test Cases
- Understand and interpret business requirements from Uses Cases written by Business Analyst.
- Write detailed test cases derived from those Use Cases.
- Derive alternate scenarios/flows from Use Cases and write tests to cover those alternate flows.
- Test various components of an application
- Read/write/execute SQL queries to be able to validate inserts, updates and extracts from a SQL Server/Oracle database.
- Leverage various toolsets to test Web Services or Rest Services (ex: SoapUI or Postman).
- Perform various types of testing, including Performance, Load, Regression, Integration and Functional.
- Communicate clearly with the SDLC team
- Create and communicate very detailed and clear defects for development team.
- Communicate testing status in scrum meetings for Project Managers, Business Analysts and Developers.
- Provide written documentation based on testing results.
- Lead meetings, specifically test case review meetings, with Business Analysts, Developers and (potentially) clients
- Be proactive and responsive
- Be proactive and ask questions when unclear on requirements, design, schedules, etc.
- Meet your deadlines or ask for help with enough lead time from team members.
- Manage priorities in a highly dynamic environment by working closely with your Supervisor and the team’s Project Manager.
As a Sr. QA Analyst you will need:
- 4+ years of experience as a Software Quality Assurance professional
- Experience in testing web sites, web services, file processing and mobile applications
- Experience in reading and/or writing SQL scripts and/or queries
- Experience in system, security and functional testing, with an understanding of performance testing and stress/load/soak testing
- Extensive experience with writing Test Cases and Test Scripts, including creation of test data
- Proficient in managing defects and change requests
- Strong interpersonal, communication and analytical skills
- Sound understanding of web application technologies
- Capable of clearly communicating complex issues to technical and non-technical personnel
- Experience with full software development life cycles and process improvement methodologies
- Able to balance priorities and communicate effectively in a fast-moving, agile product development environment
- Ability to work well with a wide range of individuals and problem solve complex issues
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent strongly desired
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Minneapolis, MN (MN03)