Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Manager, Front End Development
Reporting to the Partner of Technology, the Manager, Front End Development is part of a collaborative team which strategizes innovative solutions for our clients and prospective clients, and actively participates in the implementation of digital solutions involving platform and server side integrations.
The Manager Front End Development will be responsible for bringing ICF Next’s creative vision to life on the Web, Tablet and Mobile screens for some of the biggest brands in the world. This person will have a thorough understanding of the latest web technologies to build user experiences for clients.
- A Mentor, you lead by example and challenge other to push their boundaries
- A Self-Starter, you’re an expert in your field but still eager to improve your skillset in the ever-evolving medium of the web.
- Visually oriented, you know what looks good and have an incredible eye for detail and user experience.
- Adaptable, you learn quickly as new emerging frameworks are rapidly evolving, you stay up-to-date with the newest trends
- Collaborative, you enjoy working with several cross functional teams on daily basis
- An effective communicator, you have the charisma to command attention, strategize and problem-solve on your feet when needed with internal and external team members
Your Key responsibilities:
Here’s what you’ll be doing day to day…
- Leading: Directly manage and mentor a team of Front End Developers, provide guidance and feedback to team members during regular meetings
- Strategize: discuss technical solutions with clients/internal team and provide innovative new ideas to create a functional and attractive digital environment
- Design: create user-friendly designs and experiences for the client-side of our web applications
- Architecting: be the project lead for medium and large scale projects. Select and review technology frameworks and architecture used on projects
- Code Reviews: enforce best practices, code guidelines and ensure code quality is up to required standards
- Collaborate: work with the internal technology groups, leadership and account teams
- Implement: develop and implement digital solutions with appropriate software design methodology and in a dynamic and fast paced team environment
- Documentation: participate in discovery of technical project requirements, scope and provide estimate for development tasks and document technical specifications
- Conceptualize: share knowledge and thought leadership to the rest of the organization, including recommendations on technical direction as well as team professional development. Research and present new technology trends
Your Experience & Intangible traits:
The ideal candidate for the Manager, Front End Development position will possess the following competencies:
- 3+ years' experience with at least one of: AngularJS, React, vue.js or Mustache JS
- 3+ years' experience with responsive web design and mobile web UX standards
- Expert understanding of RESTful architecture and APIs
- Ability to create sophisticated UI features for high-performance, scalable web applications
- Experience translating PSD layered-comps and annotated wireframes into semantic HTML markup
- Proven experience in working with secure web coding practices (OWASP)
- Proven experience in working with accessibility coding practices (AODA, WCAG2.0)
- Mentor other team members and share best practices for front-end engineering
- Experience with Git, including branching, merging and releasing
- Experience with CMS platforms such as Adobe AEM, WordPress, Drupal
- Experience with Responsive Design and Mobile / Tablet development
Like what you see and think you’re a perfect fit? Apply today.
Please be assured we’ll treat any information you share with us with the utmost care, only use your information for recruitment purposes and will never sell it to other companies for marketing purposes. Please review https://www.icf.com/legal/Canada-privacy-statement to view ICF’s Privacy Statement for more details.
We thank all candidates in advance for their application, but only those contacted for an interview will receive a reply.
At ICF Next, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported. ICF Next is committed to providing accommodations. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
Toronto, Canada (CD80)