Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Sr. Software Engineer
@ ICF Next, we are fearless in finding new ways to solve problems, relentless in making sure it pays off for our clients and committed to making a positive change in the world. Join our community of mission-driven creatives, communicators, strategists, and technologists to challenge the status quo.
We’re currently hiring for a Senior Software Engineer in our Minneapolis office.
We’re currently hiring for a Senior Software Engineer in our Minneapolis Office. In this role, you would be a key member of the team driving the enhancements and improvements of ICF Next’s loyalty application, Tally, designated by Forrester Research as one of the leading customer loyalty platforms in 2019.
With over 65 million customers in our Tally Database, Tally is trusted by Fortune 100 companies, including Hilton, Amtrak, and Hyatt, to deliver top of the line customer experiences to their loyalty program members. Key to this success is our nimble software development team, who create custom solutions for these impactful clients.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will:
- Be a key member of the team driving enhancements and improvements in the loyalty application.
- Have ownership of your assigned tasks from design through production implementation, including working with the Solution Architect, Project Manager, Business Analyst, and QA Team on a day-to-day basis to ensure the solutions are being implemented in a way that meets client requirements and ICF Next’s technical standards.
- Design, code, test, debug, and document software, and enhance existing components to ensure that loyalty application meets client requirements.
- Perform all phases of software engineering including requirements analysis, application design, code development, and testing.
- Estimate software engineering work for project management and effectively identify and prioritize the high impact tasks.
- Communicate technical requirements to various audiences, including software end users, project managers, business analysts, and QA analyst
- Effectively work with the team to communicate status, highlight issues, and ensure code quality
- Work very closely with Solution Architect to drive and review solutions.
- Drive a quality mindset within the team.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will have:
- 5+ years progressive, post-bachelor’s software engineering experience using Java. Experience with building web applications and REST APIs in Java.
- Prior experience must include designing and developing Java back-ends; object-oriented design and programming; working with Spring and Spring Boot frameworks; leveraging and optimizing ORM frameworks for data access; writing unit and integration tests with JUnit or equivalent testing frameworks
- Strong competency writing SQL queries; some experience with relational database modeling and design.
- Familiarity or equivalent experience with supporting technologies such as Kubernetes, Elasticsearch, and Kafka - as well as experience with microservices and asynchronous messaging patterns.
- Experience running enterprise web applications on either on-premise or cloud infrastructure, including technical design, performance analysis and performance tuning, release management, and security.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Minneapolis, MN (MN03)