Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Junior Public Health Data Analyst
Our public health group is growing and we’re currently seeking a Junior Public Health Data Analyst to work in Atlanta, GA.
The Division of HIV/AIDS Prevention−Surveillance and Epidemiology (DHAP−SE) provides national leadership for HIV prevention research and surveillance and the development and testing of effective biomedical interventions to reduce HIV transmission and HIV disease progression in the United States and internationally. The purpose of these activities is to guide the development, implementation, and evaluation of evidence-based HIV prevention programs serving persons affected by, or at risk for, HIV infection. Branches of DHAP-SE include:
- The Epidemiology Branch (EB) designs and conducts epidemiologic, behavioral, and biomedical intervention studies in the United States and internationally to determine risk factors and modes of transmission of HIV infection and to reduce HIV infection and disease progression.
- The HIV Incidence and Case Surveillance Branch (HICSB) conducts a national program of surveillance and research to monitor and characterize the HIV/AIDS epidemic, and its determinants and impact, to guide public health action at federal, state, and local levels. This program includes surveillance of HIV infection and AIDS in collaboration with state and local health departments to provide population-based data for research, evaluation, and prevention at the national, state, and local levels.
- The Behavioral and Clinical Surveillance Branch (BCSB) implements scientifically rigorous HIV research studies and surveillance systems that meet critical local, state, and national HIV prevention needs for characterizing persons who are at risk for HIV infection or who have recently acquired HIV or have HIV-related morbidities. The branch also develops and demonstrates best practices of laboratory and prevention technologies to efficiently move them from development into public health practice.
The Junior Scientific Data Analyst will analyze quantitative epidemiological, clinical and/or behavioral data and provide output in the format requested. Some specific responsibilities include:
- Provide routine analysis and interpretation of data, as well as data entry, coding, and transcription.
- Develop presentation graphics; enter definitions of variables for survey questionnaires, including variable names, range labels, default values, and question strings.
- Assist with setting up spreadsheets, including entering column and row titles, defining cell formats, entering previously defined formulas, and exporting results for use in other software packages.
- Perform scanning operations, including setup, managing, indexing, and bookmarking.
- Provide database development and tracking of information, updating and maintenance of systems for recording and tracking information.
- Manage data modifications for all data within BCSB’s metrics database.
- Manage updates to the database, including, but not limited to, the addition of new fields, domains, and campaigns.
- Coordinate data collection and management activities across BCSB’s social marketing and health communication campaigns.
- Develop data collection instruments and protocols, including SOPs; update existing instruments, protocols, and SOPs, as needed.
- Oversee data quality control processes, formulating processes and workflows for data collection, refinement, and management.
- Automate tasks within the data collection, cleaning, review, and management process, as possible (e.g., writing scripts to update or correct mislabeled data as definitions get revised or allocation is attributed to a different domain).
- Ensure consistency of evaluation/measurement across various strategies/tactics employed as part of BCSB’s social marketing and health communication campaigns.
- Develop or maintain tracking systems to assist the Team and Branch with data collection and related protocols.
- Generate data retrievals and summary outputs.
- Work collaboratively with leadership to resolve data collection/management issues.
- Support dissemination and reporting of data to stakeholders.
- BS/BA degree in Public Health, Statistic or Math
- 3+ years developing data management & analysis plans and data dictionaries in a public health setting
- 3+ years SAS programming experience
- Strong Microsoft Excel, SQL, and other database query skills
- Knowledge and skills in data collection, data analysis, and data cleaning
- Knowledgeable of evaluation and project management
- Ability to work cooperatively with a variety of staff to reach a common objective
- Knowledge of SAS, SPSS, and SharePoint software
- Detail oriented and able to create meticulous documentation of variables, datasets and data attributes
- Ability to produce data dictionaries and codebooks
- Willingness to share code and work within a team
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills with the ability to work with little supervision, both independently and as a member of a diverse team.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Georgia Client Office (GA88)