Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Technical Director and Senior Evaluation Advisor
Are you passionate about improving quality of life through disease prevention and health promotion? Then consider ICF. We work at the forefront of today’s global health issues, helping clients understand the specific needs of diverse populations and address complex health challenges through monitoring, evaluation, research, training, technical assistance, and informatics and systems. ICF’s International Health and Development Team is looking for Technical Director and Senior Evaluation Advisor for the anticipated 5-year USAID/Global Health Evaluation and Learning Support (EvaLS) Activity. The Technical Director and Senior Evaluation Advisor will take an active role in planning, conducting and overseeing evaluations and assessments including: review of SOWs, review of evaluation budgets, identification of appropriate evaluation methodologies, ensuring selected tools and techniques are fit for purpose, identification of appropriate team leads for evaluation assignments, and technical review of evaluation plans, tools, and final reports. The Technical Director and Senior Evaluation Advisor must act to ensure the project provides high quality, transparent, independent, and collaborative evaluation services in compliance with the USAID Evaluation Policy. S/he will also be required to provide input and/or oversight for learning and for dissemination activities.
This position is contingent upon award.
Qualifications and Technical Skills
- Graduate degree in evaluation, biostatistics, social science, public health or other related area
- At least 7 (11 preferred) years of experience in monitoring and evaluation, of which at least 3 (4 preferred) years is in a developing country
- At least three years of experience managing evaluations of complex health programs in developing countries
- Experience working with USAID monitoring, evaluation, and learning activities
- Familiarity with analytical software such as STATA, SAS, and SPSS
- Familiarity with administering on-line surveys using software such as Qualtrics, Google Forms, Survey Monkey
- Familiarity with qualitative data analysis software such as ATLAS.ti, NVivo, DeDoose, MAXQDA.
- Proven strong leadership and teamwork skills and ability to deliver results within specified and often changing timeframes
- Proven ability to ensure the team produces credible evidence in support of its conclusions and recommendations from analyses undertaken
- Excellent English verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision making capabilities
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to travel up to 25% time
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel)
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Rockville, MD (MD18)