Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Disaster Recovery Communications Specialist
@ ICF Next, we are fearless in finding new ways to solve problems, relentless in making sure it pays off for our clients and committed to making a positive change in the world.
Join our community of mission-driven creatives, communicators, strategists, and technologists to challenge the status quo.
We’re currently hiring a Disaster Recovery Communications Specialist.
As a Disaster Recovery Communications Specialist, you will:
- Support the North Carolina Office of Recovery and Resiliency (NCORR) to develop public-facing communications and public awareness campaigns for the ReBuild NC programs including but not limited to: program fact sheets, website content for rebuild.nc.gov, social media content and graphics, direct mail, and other public information materials.
- Assist with implementation of outreach efforts in accordance with an outreach plan to be developed and approved by NCORR. Communications and outreach campaigns will support disaster recovery programs for Single-Family, Buyout and Acquisition, and Small Rental.
- Support social media activities for projects, such as developing Twitter and Facebook posts and developing analytics reports.
- Work with the Communications lead to implement communications strategies that resonate with target populations (e.g. Limited English Proficiency, low income, limited education, special needs and elderly) to promote recovery programs and encourage application.
- Coordinate with internal teams and resources to develop compelling communications materials that utilize traditional marketing and social media tactics.
- Engage with operations and policy teams to develop materials that explain complex program requirements and processes in an easy-to-understand manner.
- In conjunction with the Communications Lead, analyze and prepare program data to illustrate measurable results of communications and outreach efforts.
- Prepare talking points, reports and other communications materials to respond to public reporting requests.
- Develop press releases, media advisories and conduct media pitch calls to garner positive coverage for the ReBuild NC program.
As a Disaster Recovery Communications Specialist, you will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, Advertising, or equivalent required.
- 5 years of previous relevant experience.
- Demonstrated public communications and community engagement experience.
- Previous disaster recovery or other high visibility public program communications experience.
- Demonstrated experience a project from start to finish; conceptualizing and aligning with the client interacting with the editors, designers, production managers through completion of projects.
- An ability to quickly respond to media and public communications challenges.
- An ability to research issues and offer swift solution/resolution.
- A can-do attitude and willingness to jump in where needed.
- Fluency in Spanish, preferred
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and deadlines at once.
- Excellent verbal, written, organizational and management skills.
- Ability to apply plain language principles to written products.
- Ability to think creatively and provide innovative solutions to clients’ communications challenges/problems.
- Ability to work directly with the public and/or clients in a professional, polished manner.
Job Location(s): This position will be based in Raleigh/Morrisville, NC.
This job is a Section 3 eligible job opportunity. We encourage applications from individuals that are low income and/or living in Public Housing.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
N Carolina Client Office (NC88)