Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Internal Audit Associate
As an Internal Audit Associate, you will support the execution of financial, operational, risk-based, corporate governance, and Sarbanes-Oxley audits for ICF's domestic and international operations. Reporting to the Internal Audit Senior Manager, the Experienced Associate is responsible for working independently to perform assurance and advisory reviews and communicate issues to applicable process owners. This position is based in our Fairfax, Virginia Metro accessible headquarters, and may require up to 5% travel, to include international locations.
- Execute financial, operational, compliance/ governance, and investigative fraud internal audit projects.
- Assist with upfront Internal Audit project planning, including the definition of audit scope and audit work programs
- Participate in interviews to understand the business process and documents the business processes in a set of flowcharts or narratives, as needed
- Perform and document the results of audit steps detailed in the audit work program
- Assist with the Sarbanes Oxley compliance assessment by evaluating the design and operating effectiveness of management identified key controls
- Identify or assist with the identification of testing exceptions for review by project supervisor
- Support the incorporation of data analytics where appropriate to improve the audit efficiency and broaden the audited population
- Assist with the summary of audit results in a formal audit report
- Over time, begin to take on responsibilities at the next level.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting, Information Systems, or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- Exposure to Accounting or Auditing AND Accounting Information Systems Fundamentals through relevant coursework:
- Cost Accounting
- Intermediate Accounting
- Accounting Information Systems
- Assurance and Audit Services
- Exposure to business processes (i.e., Contracts, Procurement, Human Resource, Accounting, Financial Reporting, Project/Business Finance).
- Travel is estimated at 5%, including international.
- Candidate for or interest in obtaining CPA or CIA - Must obtain within 24 months.
- Internal Audit and/or Big Four internship experience.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision making capabilities
- Team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information
- Ability to apply detailed knowledge of organizational procedures to make independent decisions and serve as a credible resource for peers, line managers, and IA management
- Ability to work with all levels of internal staff, as well as outside clients and vendors
- Excellent problem solving skills with ability to analyze situations, identify existing or potential problems and recommend solutions
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel)
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)