Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior Training & Technical Assistance Associate (Human Trafficking)
ICF seeks a Senior Training and Technical Assistance (TTA) Specialist (Human Trafficking) to perform a range of analytical, writing, editing, problem-solving and related work in support of the Office for Victims of Crime Training and Technical Assistance Center (OVC TTAC). Can you plan and coordinate the delivery of training, technical assistance, education and outreach services to the Human Trafficking field on behalf of the OVC? Specifically, you will be charged with ensuring that training and technical assistance (TTA) services are delivered to OVC Human Trafficking grantees through assessing needs and developing, overseeing, and implementing TTA plans. Do you have a thorough knowledge of victim services as required? Do you have experience with providing direct services with victims of human trafficking, domestic violence, sexual assault, child abuse and neglect, and experience with trauma informed service delivery? Are you ready to travel occasionally?
If the answer is yes to these questions, we need you to apply!
- Responding to the human trafficking (HT) related training and technical assistance that includes proactive and intensive approaches for the OVC HT grantees. This will include doing programmatic needs assessments, providing monthly TA check-ins, and engaging in quarterly communities of practice sessions with grantees.
- Supporting the field-requested TA application process from beginning to completion, including; conducting a thorough assessment of the requestor's needs, recommending and supporting speakers or subject matter experts, tracking and reviewing budgets related to consultant activity and travel, and tracking customized TA application progress using the OVC TTAC management information system to ensure program objectives are met in an efficient and cost-effective matter.
- Effectively interacting and providing responsive information to representatives from the U.S. Department of Justice and other Federal bureaus and offices, state government offices, as well as members of the allied professions, victim service and advocacy organizations, statewide coalitions and also survivors of crime.
- Providing logistical and content support for grantee site visits and other onsite TA assignments as indicated by OVC.
- Supporting and coordinating with HT team, quarterly webinars for OVC grantees on a variety of human trafficking related topics.
- Supporting the Human Trafficking team with data analysis and report writing and aggregate data collection and database functions and support.
- Working with OVC TTAC teams to expand the reach of OVC by performing direct outreach and building relationships with local and statewide programs, to communicate OVC’s vision and mission to the field and to improve delivery of TTA services to the field.
- Attending onsite TTA events as necessary to monitor, observe content and assist participants as needed. When appropriate and approved by OVC.
- Bachelor’s degree in the social sciences, criminal justice, victimology, or related field.
- 5+ years of experience working in a system or community-based victim service program.
- Knowledge of the impact to victims, family members, responders and communities impacted by human trafficking and the poly-victimization and intersections of other crime categories such as domestic violence, sexual assault, child abuse and neglect, and forced criminality.
- Knowledge of trauma and the impact on victim service providers and other stakeholders and partners.
- Experience building successful community and system based partnerships and how to sustain effective collaborative relationships.
- Experience in the development, delivery, and management of training and technical assistance.
- Working knowledge of the mission and programs of the Office for Victims of Crime.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including meeting facilitation, public education, and trauma sensitive communications.
- Demonstrated sensitivity to and knowledge of issues involved in working with diverse victim populations and service organizations.
- Master’s degree in social work, sociology, or related social sciences field.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct needs assessments and develop plans for delivery of services based on needs assessment.
- Knowledge of national, state, and local organizations and allied professionals that serve victims of human trafficking.
- Knowledge of components of the Office of Justice Programs.
- Familiarity with working in a corporate culture.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Ability to produce high quality work.
- Ability to be flexible, detail-oriented, and manage multiple activities simultaneously in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Ability to exercise good judgment, discretion, tact, and diplomacy.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Solid customer service skills.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision making capabilities.
- Strong team player with the ability to take initiative and work well independently.
- Strong outreach abilities and interpersonal skills.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)