Data Science Intern
Job Title Data Science Intern
About the team
ICF Aviation encompasses 80 professionals around the world who help airlines, airports manufacturers and investors solve the most complex problems in commercial aviation today. We have guided the winning bidders to size their investments in London’s airports; modelled multi-billion-dollar cash flows to support aircraft financing; and helped global airlines get their aircraft off the ground more quickly.
This opportunity is a full-time internship for a period of 4 - 8 months (flexible) and the start-date is as soon as possible
About the role
This role will join our data science team to develop unique, market leading analytics and better leverage the latest data science techniques to improve our project work. We believe that data science has untapped potential to transform our industry, from optimising airline operations with live data to improving airport and aircraft valuations with more granular analysis. The focus of this internship will be to develop the approaches, algorithms and visualisations needed to leverage our extensive databases and resources to solve such challenges. The role will give the candidate significant flexibility and responsibility to shape their work and draw on their specific strengths.
Basic Qualifications (Essentials):
- Completed or partial completion of a Bachelor or master’s degree in data science, engineering, economics, finance or a related field
- Quantitative and qualitative problem-solving skills, including ability to conceive and develop analytical models using statistical or machine learning methods/approaches
- Experience developing data pipelines, transforming data, structuring data, extracting data from various databases, and developing algorithms with tools and languages like Python or R
- Ability to synthesize findings, ask the next question and communicate insights in plain English
Preferred Skills/Experience (Desirable):
- Experience with data visualization tools, such as RShiny, Dash, Tableau, or Power BI
- Knowledge of industry leading analytics and big data technologies, approaches, and tools (for example, AWS, Hadoop)
- Basic knowledge in quantitative analytics, forecasting, predictive analytics, multivariate testing, and optimisation algorithms
- Interest in aviation and aerospace industry a plus
Ready to apply?
Interested candidates are invited to follow the link and submit a cover letter and a CV.
ICF is a privacy conscious organisation and your trust is paramount to us. Find out here how we use and protect your data.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
London Riverscape (GB75)