ICF’s Transportation Practice specializes in addressing complex planning, policy, and program issues at the nexus of transportation and the environment, energy, and communities. ICF’s work focuses on integrated approaches that support sustainable transportation decisions, addressing mobility, safety, environmental, social, and economic effects of transportation. Our work includes strategic planning, research, policy analysis, outreach, training, and program evaluation for federal, state, and local governments, including the U.S. Department of Transportation, the Transportation Research Board, state transportation and environmental agencies, and metropolitan planning organizations. We specialize in evaluating the impacts of infrastructure projects, programs, and government policies; developing guidebooks; and documenting best practices related to integrated planning, transportation operations, and the environment.
We are seeking a Transportation Planner for ICF’s Transportation Practice. Transportation Planners are responsible for leading or supporting teams in project tasks related to transportation planning, policy, asset management, and related topics. The position involves the development and delivery of accurate, timely, and high quality products and services to clients at the federal, state, and local levels.
The position requires experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Transportation planning, addressing issues related to statewide, metropolitan, and/or corridor planning, and performance-based planning and programming.
- Transportation and environmental policy, including experience with policy related to transportation project development, the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA), and environmental issues such as air quality and greenhouse gas emissions.
- Community and environmental impact assessment issues, such as livability, equity, environmental justice, and public health.
- Transportation asset management and/or economic analysis, including risk assessment and benefit-cost analysis.
- Transportation data analysis and visualization (e.g., development of charts, infographics, and narrative to convey trends).
- Policy analysis related to freight and/or passenger travel.
- Contributing to the development of innovative, accurate, timely, and high quality products and services, typically working on multiple projects with all levels of staff
- Collecting and analyzing data
- Developing literature reviews and research scans
- Conducting interviews and developing case studies
- Solving quantitative and qualitative problems
- Developing reports and presentations
- Interacting and communicating with clients
- Managing task or project schedules, budgets, and quality of work
*This position will be located in downtown Washington, DC and is available immediately.
- Master’s degree in urban planning, public policy, economics, environmental science, political science, transportation/civil engineering, or related subjects, or equivalent professional experience
- 1 year or more of experience in transportation planning, policy, environmental issues, economics, or asset management
- Experience conducting transportation analysis, particularly for the U.S. Department of Transportation, the Transportation Research Board, and/or state and local transportation agencies, especially in the Mid-Atlantic.
Required Professional Skills
- Strong oral and written communications skills, including experience researching and writing high quality documents.
- Identifies and meets the needs of clients within established guidelines.
- Understands task expectations and how tasks fit in the overall project.
- Works collaboratively with project team and client to achieve established goals.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity).
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Washington, DC (DC02)