Cleared Senior Advisor / Senior Action Officer
Policy Advisor / Senior Action Officer
ICF is hiring a senior action officer to subject matter expertise to support the Controlled Unclassified Information (CUI) program in Quantico, VA. Responsibilities may include:
- Review and provide recommendations on changes to Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS) clauses in order to meet DoD CUI requirements
- Attend and participate in group meetings, working sessions, focus groups, briefings, and workshops, and posit approved Defense Counterintelligence and Security Agency (DCSA) positions on FAR, DFARS, and the CUI mission, and back-brief DCSA CUI leadership
- Review and provide recommendations on DoD policy to include directives, instructions, publications, and manuals in order to meet DoD CUI requirements.
- Provide support to the agency in development, implementation and execution of strategy and strategic level planning, in the coordination of mission and mission support functions, and in the development of processes related to the Agency’s and CUI program’s strategic goals, objectives and performance measures.
- Provide development of new business processes and redesign of existing business processes to achieve attainment of and improvements in critical measures of performance to include cost, quality, service, and speed.
- Provide advice on the best actions to build studies through development, analysis, and execution as well as interpreting results from studies, analyses, scenarios and reports.
- Provide assistance to assure that standard practices are uniformly developed and implemented across the DCSA enterprise consistently and effectively.
- Advise and assist with the capturing, developing, sharing, and effectively using organizational knowledge to achieve organizational objectives by making the best use of the DCSA knowledge.
- Creating and evaluating processes and procedures common among all entities that are applied to the same specification
- Assist with creating policy driven approaches to provide stakeholders with information about the organization by formally defining who should be given specific information, when that information should be delivered and what communication channels will be used.
You will work on-site in Quantico, VA, and will work closely with a team of government personnel supporting the DCSA CUI mission.
Minimum/General Experience, Education and Certification:
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, criminal justice, international affairs or related discipline.
- 10+ years of experience working in a Department of Defense environment, with an emphasis on DoD level acquisitions policy analysis, with working knowledge of the FAR/DFARS/CFR and associated regulations guidance.
- Recent experience within the last three (3) years with research and evaluation techniques and methodologies, FAR/DFARS/CFR writing and analysis, organizational management and operations principles/practices, and the ability to research and analyze complex problems and statistical data for policy and decision-making.
- Policy Advisor shall possess a current TS/SCI clearance.
Preferred Skills / Experience:
- Master’s degree in national security, public policy, military strategy or related studies.
- Experience with Industrial Security and/or Counterintelligence environments
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Virginia Client Office (VA88)