Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Document Accessibility Compliance Analyst
@ ICF Next, we are fearless in finding new ways to solve problems, relentless in making sure it pays off for our clients and committed to making a positive change in the world.
Join our community of mission-driven creatives, communicators, strategists, and technologists to challenge the status quo.
We’re currently hiring for a Document Accessibility Compliance Analyst.
As a Document Accessibility Compliance Analyst, you will:
- Support public- and private-sector clients who tackle issues like HIV/AIDS, disaster preparedness, human trafficking, climate change, child welfare, and more.
- Use software tools to identify errors in document structure, headings, reading order, images, charts and tables, and any other document errors.
- Ensure that documents and webpages are compliant and meet current standards for accessibility as defined in the revised Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the 508 Refresh of January 2018.
- Prepare, test, and analyze content (documents, videos, and other multimedia) to ensure compliance with Section 508 requirements.
- Stay current with Federal, State, and other accessibility requirements and keep existing internal accessibility information, including checklists, up to date
- Create accessible PDF forms.
- Solve complex accessibility problems.
As a Document Accessibility Compliance Analyst, you will have:
- Bachelor's degree, required.
- Three or more years of experience in document accessibility.
- Knowledge and understanding of Section 508 guidelines, Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.1, W3C standards, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, and California AB434 document accessibility requirements.
- Expert-level knowledge of tag tree, reading order, specialized tags, manual tag generation, editing PDFs.
- Ability to write alternative text for simple images as needed.
- Ability to perform compliance on PDFs, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Working knowledge of InDesign and Microsoft Office for tag generation.
- Ability to clearly explain compliance issues to clients.
- Exceptional eye for detail.
Job Location(s): This individual may sit in our Fairfax, VA or Rockville, MD offices; OR work remotely.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)