Driver – USAID Project- Monrovia, Liberia
Infectious Disease Detection and Surveillance (IDDS) is a five-year USAID-funded project with the following overall objectives: (1) Improve the detection of diseases of public health importance and identification of antimicrobial resistance (AMR) in priority infectious diseases through an accessible, accurate, adaptable, timely, and integrated diagnostic network system; (2) Improve the quality of real-time surveillance systems for pathogens of greatest public health concern, including AMR and zoonotic diseases, and; (3) Generate evidence-based guidance and innovative solutions to strengthen in-country diagnostic networks and surveillance systems.
ICF is seeking a Driver for the IDDS Project who will be responsible for driving project staff, consultants, and others throughout Monrovia for meetings, deliveries, and other daily activities of IDDS. The position also requires travel outside of Monrovia with trips that may extend multiple days or weeks. The Driver will also be responsible for maintaining the project vehicle. The Driver will report to the Team Lead coordinate closely with the rest of IDDS team.
The Driver’s responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Be on time at assigned location to pick up and drop off staff in a timely manner
- Ensure the cleanliness of the project vehicle (inside and outside) at all times
- Carry out errands like delivery of mails, picking up supplies, paying bills, etc.
- Fill out vehicle use and fuel log books on a daily basis (making sure it’s been recorded correctly)
- Ensure that vehicle is always in good running condition by checking tires, oils, fuel, water level, grease, etc., on daily basis
- Report promptly any and all problems detected on the vehicle
- Remind Finance Manager about schedule for vehicle servicing, renewal of insurance, vehicle registration, changing of tires, and ensure preventive maintenance is done on time
- Take the vehicle to the service station
- Ensure the safety of vehicle during working hours
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the Team Lead and Finance Manager
- A High School graduate and or with a professional driving certificate
- Two or more years of experience driving for a company
- Valid Liberian Driver’s License
- Authorization to live and work in Liberia
- Ability to visit and stay overnight in rural Liberia
- Ability to drive in difficult terrains
- Ability to work independently and in a diverse team,
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- High level of integrity and confidentiality
- While maintaining a professional approach/attitude towards work,
- Team player with some mechanical aptitude,
- Verbal and written English communication skills
- Customer service orientation
- Experience in a similar position on a USG-funded project preferred
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity).
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
For a listing of other career opportunities at ICF, please visit our Career Center at www.icfi.com/careers/
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
Monrovia, Liberia-IDDS (LR01)