Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Cleared Technical Writer / Business Analyst
ICF is hiring a technical writer / business analyst for our DoD client that we support in Quantico, VA. ICF's technical writer will work routinely with senior executives (SESs) and diverse internal and external stakeholders, using their skills to document agency implementation of strategic plans and programs. You will work on-site in Quantico, VA, and will work closely with a team of government personnel supporting the National Industrial Security Program (NISP).
Technical Writing (primary responsibilities)
- Create a wide variety of documents to include reports, spreadsheets, presentations, quarterly newsletters, program brochures, and other interoffice/interagency communications and corporate correspondence; specifically implementation documents supporting IO operations and strategic planning processes.
- Prepare manuals for training in or guidance on the operation or maintenance of technical equipment and systems, or specifications for the development or purchase of such equipment and systems. Develop Job Aids/Training Resources for internal and external users.
- Use knowledge of the language and methods used in the Industrial Security and Counterintelligence fields to understand and work with technical information. Typical work assignments involve: (1) obtaining, analyzing, and selecting the pertinent information; (2) determining the most logical and effective sequence of the narrative; (3) determining the overall length and tone based on the objectives, the medium, and the audience; (4) writing the material; (5) consulting on or selecting illustrative material; and (6) preparing the material for publication.
- Provide expert advice and guidance in support of an intentional collective approach to address problems or issues through building shared knowledge, designing innovative solutions, and forging consequential change.
- Advise and send reminders to management on lead time or addressing upcoming issues
- Attend designated meetings as required to assist with various portfolio and program needs; take notes and transcribe minutes of these meetings and update IO leads as necessary
- Prepare read-aheads including media presentations and materials
- Perform word processing, spreadsheet management, and conduct more advanced internet research, data collection, and metrics gathering
You will write CONOPs, MOUs, ISOM updates, new ISLs, and Operational Directives. Products include the WESK, WOAR, SIGACT, and updating the PCT-TF University and DiT Implementation Trackers.
Business Analysis (secondary responsibilities)
- Provide business analyst support responsible for supporting Industrial Security Field Operations and the strategic plan implementation methodology including supporting performance goal tracking and metrics tracking
- Maintain and populate various databases and spreadsheets with data and information in support of IO portfolios and programs
You will provide back-up support to a data analyst and prepare the Weekly Slides (Manpower + Funding), the Weekly IO Risk Dashboard, Business Plans and Ad Hoc Data Pulls.
- Bachelor’s Degree in English or related field
- 5 years proven experience working in a technical writing position
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Able to write in explanatory and procedural styles for multiple audiences
- Active DoD Security Clearance
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Skilled at prioritization and multi-tasking
- Experience with Industrial Security and/or Counterintelligence environments
- Experience in military staff assignments interacting with senior leaders
- Proficiency in MS Publisher and MS Visio
- Advanced internet research, data collection, and metrics gathering
- Experience using databases for ad hoc information queries
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Virginia Client Office (VA88)