Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Knowledge Management Specialist- Rockville, MD
Knowledge Management Specialist
ICF’ International Health and Development (IHD) team is seeking a Knowledge Management Specialist to support the Demographic and Health Survey (DHS) Program.
The DHS Program assists developing countries to implement surveys that collect information on fertility, mortality, maternal and child health, family planning, HIV/AIDS, malaria, and nutrition, and also helps to conduct biomarker testing in households and in laboratories. The DHS Program employs public health and nutrition experts, demographers, sampling statisticians, biomarker and laboratory experts and data processing specialists, among others. Please review The DHS Program website at http://www.dhsprogram.com to learn more about The DHS Program.
- Develop and implement innovative, creative, and effective ways to strategically capture knowledge internal to The DHS Program for sharing
- Leverage best practices and change management principles to improve the effectiveness of internal knowledge sharing
- Maintain and develop The DHS Program’s SharePoint site collection, provide training and support to promote ownership of content
- Implement The DHS Program’s Knowledge Management Strategy and make changes to the strategy and framework to reflect the fluid business needs of The DHS Program
- Work with technical experts to streamline work across groups
- Develop and implement Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) activities
- Capture and analyze data for the annual Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Plan report, including assisting with improving systems used to capture and analyze data
- Develop, implement, facilitate, evaluate and improve monitoring, evaluation, and learning activities, including establishing processes, guidelines, and templates
- Assist with implementing innovation and data quality strategies and initiatives
Basic Skills and Qualifications:
- Master’s degree in Information Science, Knowledge Management, Business, or related field with a focus on information/knowledge management
- 3+ years of experience in knowledge management or related field
- Demonstrated understanding of knowledge management principles and capacity to deliver knowledge management and learning activities
- Demonstrated intermediate or advanced experience with Microsoft SharePoint Online administration and development, including subsites, libraries, list, etc.
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Office, including OneNote, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Understanding of change management principles and of business process improvement
- Ability to work with teams across various technical areas
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Creative problem-solving skills and ability to work within a culturally diverse environment
- Team player with positive attitude
- Ability to take initiative and ownership with minimal direction from senior staff
- Demonstrated experience with SharePoint Designer, Microsoft Flow, and Power BI
- Experience with business process visualization
- Experience with international development work particularly in the area of health
- Experience working on a USAID contract or other US government contracts
- Understanding of adult learning principles
- French or Spanish language skills a plus
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity).
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
For a listing of other career opportunities at ICF, please visit our Career Center at www.icfi.com/careers/
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Rockville, MD (MD18)