Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Energy Efficiency Account Manager- Maryland
Energy Efficiency Account Manager
Pepco Maryland Service Territory
Commercial Account Manager
ICF is seeking an Account Manager to take a significant role in the implementation of commercial energy efficiency programs in Montgomery and Prince George’s Counties Maryland. The selected candidate will be responsible for managing a pipeline of existing energy efficiency projects and recruiting new participants into the program. The candidate will call on customers and contractors in an assigned service territory with the goal of increasing the number of energy efficiency projects and participation in utility incentive programs. We place a premium on creativity, an ability to work independently, but to also function as part of a team, a drive to succeed, and a commitment to client satisfaction. This position is open to Maryland-based candidates as well as those willing to relocate.
- Work as part of a team ensuring that the evaluation, implementation and verification of energy efficiency projects are successfully executed in commercial and industrial markets.
- Recruiting program participants (customers and trade allies), account management, developing and implementing sales strategies, preparing and delivering persuasive presentations, relationship building activities.
- Provide technical assistance and guidance on energy efficient technologies and practices to companies participating in utility-sponsored programs.
- Review technical specifications, engineering calculations and cost estimates for energy efficiency projects.
- Provide an array of trade ally support and assistance services.
- Conduct surveys and inspections of energy efficiency projects to verify equipment installation and operation.
- Bachelor’s degree with 2+ years of utility, energy efficiency, or equivalent trade experience.
- Demonstrated experience with the commercial, industrial, and government markets, various customer facilities, commercial building systems, and with energy efficient and renewable technologies.
- Strong working knowledge of the existing network of distributors, contractors and construction market players.
- Economic analysis and familiarity with energy efficiency program implementation.
- Demonstrated experience with lighting, motors, and HVAC systems.
- Must have valid driver’s license and successfully pass a Motor Vehicle Records (MVR) check.
- Experience working on successful energy efficiency programs, with specific expertise in commercial, industrial, and government energy issues.
- Utility experience and understanding of Demand Side Management (DSM) program implementation.
- Certified Energy Managers, Certified Lighting Professionals, or Certified Energy Auditors.
- Experience with ENERGY STAR, LEED, and other program platforms.
- Experience performing energy audits and energy savings calculations.
- Lighting retrofit designs or HVAC system assessment, operations and maintenance.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Maryland Remote Office (MD99)