Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Energy Efficiency HVAC Field Training Lead - Cambridge, MA
Energy Efficiency HVAC Field Training Lead
Ready to make a difference! To support our growth, we are seeking a Residential Energy Efficiency HVAC Field Training Lead to work in our Commercial Energy division in Massachusetts. In this role you will serve as the lead liaison between the ICF managed energy efficiency program and program contractors, trade organizations, distributors and manufacturers. You will have office and field responsibilities; some overnight travel may be required. Public speaking, training, and field support will be required.
We place a premium on creativity, an ability to work independently when necessary but to function as part of a team, a drive to succeed, and a commitment to client satisfaction. You should be collaborative in nature as you will be expected to support the existing Massachusetts ICF team as the lead technical expert on energy efficient residential and commercial HVAC and water heating technologies. This position is home based, but there will be some presence in our Cambridge, MA office required.
- Manage contractors participating in the client’s Residential Electric and Gas HVAC and water heating technologies initiative to ensure that they comply with the terms of participation, provide excellent customer service and positively promote the brand of the sponsoring client’s energy efficiency program.
- Work as part of the energy efficiency team ensuring that the implementation of client sponsored energy projects are successfully executed
- Provide field mentoring, technical assistance and process flow support to participating HVAC contractors
- Maintain strong ongoing communications with participating contractors and other interested stakeholders in order to assess their needs and to receive feedback on their experience with the program.
- Coordinate and conduct contractor outreach, recruitment, and relationship building to ensure an adequate infrastructure of participating contractors throughout the assigned service territory.
- Provide review and analysis of new technologies, make recommendations and assist with bringing new products to the market.
- Prepare and deliver persuasive presentations and providing program representation at trade shows, trade organization and stakeholder events, supply house counter days, ride-alongs, etc.
- Lead in the preparation of status reports to accurately describe activities in the field and to monitor progress towards program goals on contractor/consultant participation and the completion of eligible projects
- Contribute to the evolution of program strategies and the design of program features, services, offerings and marketing campaigns
- Conduct desktop QA/QC to ensure accuracy of data reported to client
- Assist in customer service support referred by ICF customer service operation or as requested by participating contractors or by the client.
- 5+ years of management, technical or sales experience in the HVAC market
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in Building Construction, Architecture, Business, or related field. The degree can be substituted with relevant professional work experience.
- Must have valid driver’s license and successfully pass a Motor Vehicle Records (MVR) check
- Strong technical experience in residential electric and gas HVAC and domestic hot water technologies, particularly energy efficiency products such as ductless mini-splits, condensing furnaces and boilers, heat pump water heaters, fuel optimization/integrated controls, programmable, dual fuel and smart thermostats, and other energy efficient technologies
- Familiarity with energy efficiency construction practices, building load calculations, proper mechanical system sizing, and energy savings calculations
- One or more of the following certifications:
- Air Conditioning Contractors of America (ACCA) HVAC Quality Installation (QI) Certification
- North American Technician Excellence (NATE) Certification
- Building Performance Institute (BPI) Heating and/or Air Conditioning and Heat Pump Professional Certification
- Work experience in Massachusetts and/or surrounding areas
- Experience working on successful energy efficiency programs
- Utility experience and understanding of Demand Side Management (DSM) program implementation#LI-CC1
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Massachusetts Remote Office (MA99)