Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Energy Efficiency HVAC-Field Training QA/QC Inspection Specialist -Cambridge, MA
Energy Efficiency HVAC-Field Training QA/QC Inspection Specialist
To support our growth, we are currently seeking a Field Training Quality Assurance/ Quality Control (QA/QC) Inspection Specialist to join our Residential and C&I energy efficiency team located in Massachusetts. The selected candidate will coordinate all quality assurance activities, which include but may not be limited to conducting pre and post field inspections on residential, commercial HVAC and hot water technologies along with providing technical assistance and trainings. In this role you will work alongside of the Field Training Lead and will assist program contractors, trade organizations, distributors and manufacturers. You will have office and field responsibilities; some overnight travel may be required. Public speaking, training, and field support is preferred.
We place a premium on creativity, an ability to work independently when necessary but to function as part of a team, a drive to succeed, and a commitment to client satisfaction. You should be collaborative in nature as you will be expected to support the existing Massachusetts ICF team and work with the lead technical expert on energy efficient residential and commercial HVAC and water heating technologies. This position is home based, but there will be some presence in our Cambridge, MA office required.
- Assist contractors participating in the client’s Residential Electric and Gas HVAC and water heating technologies initiative to ensure that they comply with the terms of participation, provide excellent customer service and positively promote the brand of the sponsoring client’s energy efficiency program.
- Work as part of the energy efficiency team ensuring that the implementation of client sponsored energy projects is successfully executed
- Provide technical assistance and process flow support to participating HVAC contractors
- Maintain strong ongoing communications with participating contractors and other interested stakeholders in order to assess their needs and to receive feedback on their experience with the program.
- Coordinate and conduct contractor outreach, recruitment, and relationship building to ensure an adequate infrastructure of participating contractors throughout the assigned service territory.
- Prepare and deliver persuasive presentations and providing program representation at trade shows, trade organization and stakeholder events, supply house counter days, ride-alongs, etc.
- Track activities in the field and progress towards program goals on contractor participation and project completions
- Contribute to the evolution of program strategies and the design of program features, services, offerings and marketing campaigns
- Conduct desktop QA/QC to ensure accuracy of data reported to client
- Assist in customer service support referred by ICF customer service operation or as requested by participating contractors or by the client.
• Bachelor’s degree and/or 3 years of utility, energy efficiency or equivalent trade experience
• Experience with one or more of the following: HVAC systems and other electrical systems and controls• Reliable transportation and must have valid driver’s license and successfully pass a Motor Vehicle Records (MVR) check
- Strong technical experience in residential electric and gas HVAC and domestic hot water technologies, particularly energy efficiency products such as ductless mini splits, condensing furnaces and boilers, heat pump water heaters, fuel optimization/integrated controls, programmable, dual fuel and smart thermostats, and other energy efficient technologies
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making capabilities
- Team player with the ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information
- Ability to work with all levels of internal staff, as well as outside clients and vendors
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications (Word, Excel PowerPoint, Outlook and Publisher)
- Familiarity with energy efficiency construction practices, building load calculations, proper mechanical system sizing, and energy savings calculations
- Preferred, but not required certifications:
- Air Conditioning Contractors of America (ACCA) HVAC Quality Installation (QI) Certification
- North American Technician Excellence (NATE) Certification
- Building Performance Institute (BPI) Heating and/or Air Conditioning and Heat Pump Professional Certification
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Massachusetts Remote Office (MA99)