Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Junior Geospatial Analyst- Rockville, MD
Junior Geospatial Analyst
ICF has an opening for a one (1) year, full-time, paid position working with The Demographic and Health Survey (DHS) Program’s Geospatial team. The DHS program is a US Agency for International Development (USAID) funded project that supports the collection of demographic and health data through nationally representative population and facility-based surveys in low- and middle-income countries.
The Junior Geospatial Analyst will work as part of the Geospatial team responsible for managing GPS data and geographic databases within the DHS Program. The analyst will primarily be responsible for the geospatial data processing of the on-going India 2019 DHS survey and tasks will include: data cleaning and validation; geodatabase management and creation; map creation for reports and online tools; and basic spatial analysis. The analyst will report directly to the Geospatial Research Manager and will work closely with the Senior Geospatial Analyst. The full-time, one (1) year position is based in Rockville, MD (in the Washington, DC metro area).
- Working with survey managers, data processing specialists, and in-country organizations in the validation and processing of GPS data
- Updating and maintaining offline/online GPS/GIS datasets
- Preparing GIS data for use in web mapping applications
- BA/BS in geography, GIS or related field with relevant work experience
- Demonstrated proficiency with ArcGIS 10.x
- Demonstrated proficiency in GIS applications including web applications, ArcGIS Online, and other Esri products
- Experience with raster data analysis and processing or other types of spatial analysis
- Demonstrated proficiency in Python and R scripting a plus
- Knowledge of GIS applications as it relates to health and population data
- Experience working or studying in a developing country setting a plus
- Ability to work independently and manage tasks on a daily basis with minimal supervision
- Attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making capabilities
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in multicultural situations
- Ability to work effectively with other project staff, USAID, other donors and international organizations
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel)
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity).
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Rockville, MD (MD18)