Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
ICF’s Transportation Practice specializes in addressing complex planning, policy, and program issues at the nexus of transportation and the environment, energy, and communities. ICF’s work focuses on integrated approaches that support sustainable transportation decisions, addressing mobility, safety, environmental, social, and economic effects of transportation. Our work includes strategic planning, research, policy analysis, outreach, training, and program evaluation for federal, state, and local governments, including the U.S. Department of Transportation, the Transportation Research Board, state transportation and environmental agencies, and metropolitan planning organizations. Our work often includes evaluating the impacts of infrastructure projects, programs, and government policies; developing guidebooks; and documenting best practices related to integrated planning, transportation operations, and the environment.
We are seeking a Transportation Analyst for ICF’s Transportation Practice. Transportation Analysts support project managers with analysis of critical issues to support implementation of sustainable transportation, transportation planning, asset and land use management, transportation operations, travel demand management, environmental policies, trainings, and technology planning, development, and deployment. Projects will be conducted for clients at the U.S. Department of Transportation as well as state, regional, and local transportation agencies. Transportation Analysts work on multiple projects concurrently and assume an active role on project teams.
The Transportation Analyst should have a general background or interest in sustainable transportation, especially federal policies and programs, excellent written and oral communication skills, and strong inter-personal skills. Quantitative analysis skills are also needed. The Transportation Analyst will be expected to work as part of teams to execute tasks that support the delivery of accurate, timely, and high-quality products and services. This position offers significant potential for professional growth and advancement.
This position will be located in downtown Washington, DC and is available immediately.
- Research a variety of transportation-related topics to inform literature reviews and informational reports. This includes locating, comprehending, summarizing and synthesizing scholarly and technical materials from academic journals, scholarly books, and government reports.
- Develop preliminary drafts of project materials with the support of senior staff team based on research of transportation-related topics.
- Ensure high quality final presentation of project materials such as reports, white papers, presentations, and briefs for Federal, State, and local clients. This includes managing comments and executing suggested edits from project stakeholders.
- Support planning and implementation of webinars across a wide range of topics.
- Provide meeting support, including preparing materials, on-site attendance, taking notes, and assembling post-meeting summary documents.
- Assist with planning the logistics for workshops and peer exchanges, including contacting and coordinating with potential participants, identifying and booking host venues, processing travel reimbursements, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in regional planning, public policy, transportation engineering, or related subjects.
- 6-12 months of transportation planning, transportation operations, or transportation analysis experience
- Proficiency with word processing, presentation, and web applications (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Skype, Slack, etc.).
- Demonstrated interest and background in a variety of transportation-related topic areas, including emerging technologies such as automated, connected, electric, and shared transportation, especially federal, state, and regional policies and programs
- Work, internship, or coursework experience in emerging transportation technologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Effective research skills
- Exceptional analytical and organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize tasks or projects and ability to carry out multiple tasks under tight or sometimes conflicting deadlines.
- Ability to capture meeting discussions in writing and synthesize those discussions into trackable actions.
- High level of attention to detail and work quality
- Ability to work well both in teams and independently
- Initiative and understanding to anticipate and respond to client and project needs
- Ability to work on multiple projects under strict deadlines in a fast-paced environment
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity).
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
For a listing of other career opportunities at ICF, please visit our Career Center at www.icfi.com/careers/
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Washington, DC (DC02)