Chief of Party/Program Director- US
Chief of Party
ICF’s International Health and Development team is currently looking for Chief of Party candidates for long-term capture activities that include projects in areas such as the following:
- Monitoring Evaluation and Learning
- Infectious diseases
- Health Systems Strengthening
- Food Security and nutrition
- Survey Data
The Chief of Party will provide technical direction and leadership and external engagement on project issues, including liaising with subcontractors, USAID missions, and Washington, DC metro area based staff, host country governments, U.S. Government agencies, and other USAID implementing partners. The Chief of Party will provide technical support to project field programs and deliver management oversight, quality control, and results management to project activities. The Chief of Party will set a positive tone for the entire project and inspire staff to apply results-based approaches for delivery of quality services. Administrative responsibilities include liaising with client, managing staff, overseeing project budgets, and planning and management of project activities.
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- Master’s Degree in science, management, public health, or an equivalent field.
- 10+ years of experience working on international projects related to international health.
- 10+ years of experience as lead or deputy lead for projects of 50+ Million.
- Solid previous technical experience in one or more of these areas: Monitoring Evaluation and Learning, Infectious Diseases, Health Systems Strengthening, Food Security and Nutrition
- Strong familiarity with USAID’s operating environment, policies and initiatives.
- A demonstrated ability to manage multiple partners across multiple countries/geographies.
- A demonstrated ability to create and maintain effective working relations with host country governments and international organizations (including senior government officials), and US Government Agencies.
- Experience quickly starting up project activities in multiple countries with varied scopes of work is required.
Preferred Experience and Qualifications
- French, Portuguese, or Spanish language proficiency.
- Experience living and working in one or more of the IDDS countries.
- Experience with either Global Health Security Agenda programs or TB programs.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Rockville, MD (MD18)