Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Deputy Project Manager
The Deputy Program Manager will assist in the transition and transformation efforts to execute the Department of Defense background investigative mission. This individual will support strategic planning, communication, writing, and analytics tasks. In addition, the Deputy Program Manager will support a major logistics and facility physical move, as well as the strategic planning of the organization’s human capital transition. This individual will work alongside the Program Manager and serve as principal point of representation and liaison with external constituencies on operational matters and provides day-to-day professional guidance and leadership as appropriate to the area of expertise when needed.
- Work with the Program Manager to manage all aspects of this contract, including clients, tasks, resources, financial, contract, schedule, performance, quality, and deliverables management.
- Initiate, plan, manage and monitor progress of special projects; serve as liaison to other experts as needed; adjust schedules and plans as needed; identify and resolve issues, and communicate special projects status to management and stakeholders on a regular basis.
- Ensure productivity of project staff and the quality of project deliverables. Continuously assess and make effective recommendations to address any barriers or obstacles to achieving project goals. Maintain all relevant project documentations.
- Contribute to the realization of client’s vision and strategies by identifying and executing improvement opportunities. Lead and facilitate the identification of key measures, data analysis, process improvement, and the implementation of redesigned processes for clinical trial reviews and operational functions.
- Work closely with stakeholders to ensure all enhancement activities are measurable, sustainable, and achieve operational impact.
- Build relationships and be a great advocate to the clients.
- Support the clients in translating data into insights and concrete actions to enable better operational results.
- Ensure successful client management in regards to overall delivery of projects.
- Communicate regularly with clients about team progress toward goal achievement, critical factors, and obstacles.
- Foster a positive, encouraging work environment to motivate employees to give their best each day and commit to client’s organizational goals and performance.
- Lead employees in innovation - share knowledge and ideas to improve our services.
- Coach and mentor staff on the planning and executing of operational priorities and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Bachelor's degree in business or technical field with relevant experience in managing government contracts.
- Other applicable prior experiences may include business operation analysis, client management, project management, quality and process improvement, statistical data management, staff management, strategic planning, and fiscal management.
- Experience with analysis and reporting data. Ability to interpret, evaluate, and synthesize large amounts of information.
- Proven experience effectively prioritizing workload to meet deadlines and work objectives; Advanced skills in problem-solving, project management, Process Improvement, and change management.
- Experience in Agile project management methodologies and practices
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite applications including Word, Excel, Outlook, Project, and/or other project management tools
- PMP , Agile Practitioner/Scrum Master, or similar certification preferred.
- Lead by Example - Possess positive attitudes and behaviors to cultivate a constructive and collaborative team culture.
- Proven ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and experience in client management, with sensitivity to complex organizational structures, varying cultures, and potentially conflicting goals.
- Strong Leader – Ability to manage teams, conflicting priorities, handle multiple tasks simultaneously, and shift priorities as directed.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)