Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Disaster Recovery Case Managers
We are looking for an full-time and part-time Case Managers for our centers in Las Piedras and Carolina to interact directly with applicants for federal assistance provided under the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Community Development Block Grant Disaster Recovery (CDBG-DR) Program in Puerto Rico.
· Master policies and procedures governing federally-funded recovery programs including knowledge of procedures, policies, and directives associated with federal disaster recovery programs, specifically HUD CDBG-DR
· Work closely with program applicants to ensure that applicants fully understand program requirements and are frequently updated on application and grant progress throughout the case management process
· Gather, scan, and store required program eligibility and other required information in electronic databases and case management systems
· Prepare letters to applicants and other required program documents
· Communicate with applicants by phone, email and in-person to communicate program requirements and case status
· Ensure all hard copy and automated files are updated and maintained in strict accordance with established policies and procedures
· Interact with project lead and staff from local, state and federal government agencies
· Coordinate public outreach events and off-site applicant meetings· Provide tracking and reporting information on cases progressing from intake to closeout
· Bachelor's degree; relevant experience may substitute
· 2+ of related work experience
· Advanced Excel and database proficiency
· Intermediate accounting or financial proficiency
· Excellent understanding of and ability to analyze tax returns, property deeds, insurance, and other program-related documents
· Exceptional ability to articulate details in a manner understandable to variety of individuals in person and over the phone
· Good understanding of and ability to articulate design, permitting and other construction-related subjects
· Ability to work successfully with socio-economic and ethnically diverse applicants
· Skilled in multi-tasking, organizing and prioritizing work in a fast-paced environment · A flexible schedule that can accommodate some evening or weekend work as may be required
· Bilingual in Spanish and English
· Experience facilitating client applications to public benefit programs· Experience in disaster recovery and/or housing support services or programs
This job is a Section 3 eligible job opportunity. We encourage applications from individuals that are low income and/or living in Public Housing.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Carolina, PR (PR05)