Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Associate Technical Director
@ ICF Next, we are fearless in finding new ways to solve problems, relentless in making sure it pays off for our clients and committed to making a positive change in the world.
Join our community of mission-driven creatives, communicators, strategists, and technologists to challenge the status quo.
We’re currently hiring an Associate Technical Director in our Minneapolis office to lead a team of solution architects and engineers to direct all technical aspects of one loyalty client and lead product innovations on ICF Next’s Tally platform. As the technical owner and leader of one loyalty client, you will be a client facing leader who is passionate about technology, analyzing client needs, solutioning, and driving an operationally excellent team.
As the technical lead, you will have ownership over a growing team which includes solution architects, software engineers, and data team members. In addition, you will regularly interact with the client, account leads, technical project managers and business analysts leads to continue to drive innovation and deliver technology solutions on the Tally platform for the client.
As an Associate Technical Director, you will:
- Lead strategic planning for technology development and platform innovation. This will include client solutioning, application architecture, design, code reviews, build automation and gathering technical requirements. (30%)
- Build successful relationships with internal and external clients to drive adoption of technical solutions and resulting revenue streams. (20%)
- Manage and oversee engineers to deliver and operate projects on time and within budget. (20%)
- Assist project managers to estimate development of application features, create a schedule for the development process, and assign resources to accomplish those tasks. (10%)
- Provide input into project planning working with project managers creating and communicating technical specifications and working in conjunction with business analysts to craft functional requirements for all projects on all work streams for the client. (10%)
- Aid in the "hands-on" development of technical solutions for client projects. (10%)
As an Associate Technical Director, you will have:
- 8+ years of experience designing, developing, and building enterprise Java web applications using REST/SOAP APIs and microservices.
- Experience interfacing and collaborating with senior-level business executives
- Experience mentoring, directing, and/or leading software engineers
- Strong competency for application performance tuning
- Stron competency for delivering applications with front-end technologies
- Experience working with industry standard enterprise web applications and technical infrastructure, including design and application performance tuning.
- Proficient in: Java, Spring/Hibernate, SQL Server, and Continuous Delivery Automation utilizing Atlassian (Jira, BitBucket, Bamboo, Confluence, HipChat)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Software Engineering or a related field
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Minneapolis, MN (MN03)