Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Data Analyst with experience in NLP and sentiment analysis
Job title: Data Analyst – with experience in NLP and sentiment analysis, London or Brussels
About the role:
We are expanding our analytics capabilities and are looking for data analysts in the early stages of their career. We are interested in individuals who deploy acumen, ingenuity and storytelling to anticipate and answer clients’ questions. Applicants who thrive on data - big and small, qualitative and quantitative from diverse sources and who can see patterns that others don’t; are creative and enjoy new ways of doing things; who can work with the detail and still see the big picture; and enjoy explaining the results to others in innovative and creative ways.
In your day-to-day work you will:
- Work with multidisciplinary project teams to combine ideas from our range of disciplines and data science to expand on traditional research approaches and provide new insights
- Identify important and interesting questions and translate those questions into concrete analytical tasks.
- Bring new data to answer client questions – collating and organising data from multiple sources including the internet, social media, surveys, customer databases, or government administrative records
- Apply analytical techniques and tools to extract and present new insights from both numerical and text data (including chat messages, social media, emails, etc.)
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field: Computer Science, Statistics, Economics or similar with a strong data analytics component
- Quantitative and qualitative problem-solving skills, including an ability to conceive and develop analytical models using statistical methods/approaches
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in the application of data analytic techniques in the; strategic communications; marketing and engagement; and market research sectors
- A practical understanding and hands-on experience in using ML/NLP, social media listening tools and sentiment analysis, to extract and present insights from text data (including chat messages, social media, emails, etc.)
- Experience in data collation, extracting, combining and structuring data from diverse sources, including webscraping and social media sources
Additional desirable skills and experience include:
- Experience of developing models using R, Python, SAS and other software to provide insight
- Strong presentation and problem solving skills and ability to explain complex analytical concepts to non-technical audiences. Specifically experience in reporting, storytelling and data visualisation technologies such as Tableau
Ready to apply?
Interested candidates are invited to follow the link and submit a CV and a cover letter explaining why you think you would be suited to the role, and why you are interested in our company.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
London Riverscape (GB75)