Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Part-Time Librarian or Library/Information School Graduate Student
Supporting the National Library of Medicine
Disaster Medicine and Public Health Programs
Exciting learning opportunity and experience for a librarian or library or information school student in the emerging field of disaster health information.
ICF International assists the National Library of Medicine with a variety of disaster medicine and public health activities and is looking for:
- Part-time (~20 hours); Flexible hours/days to accommodate schedules
- Background in science, public health, allied health, emergency management is highly desirable,
- Excellent writing skills and attention to detail required
- Ability to develop, edit, update materials quickly in response to disasters and public health emergencies
- Master degree in library science or library & information science is preferred
Duties may include:
- Reviewing Web page links and selection of resources for disaster health topic Web pages
- Updating and maintaining Web site using content management software (CMS).
- Ensuring Web documents are Section 508 compliant; experience with section 508 compliance not required, but highly desirable
- Selection, data entry, and writing annotations for disaster medicine and public health grey literature database.
- Assist in working with partners, collaborators and audiences by responding to inquiries,
- Scheduling, planning, and attending meetings, meeting minute preparation, and
- corresponding via phone or email
- Testing and review of disaster health databases and mobile applications
- Testing training materials and participate in disaster health information continuing education classes
- Managing administration functions of a Listserv
- Monitoring of multiple RSS feeds for new resources
- Monitoring, message writing and posting on Twitter account and other social media platforms as requested.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Maryland Client Office (MD88)