Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Jr Data Analyst
ICF is hiring for a Data Analyst to support our client in Merrifield, VA. In this role you'll support enterprise big data and analytics platforms that utilize emerging technology to ingest data in real-time at extreme volumes and high velocity. You'll also be supporting data mining, data analysis, and data visualization.
What you'll do:
- Versatile data analyst - able to support data analysis needs in a software development lifecycle and in a business support capacity to find data insights to solve a business problem
- In a software development lifecycle - Provide inputs into data arch design, analyze data outputs to validate data quality and communicate gaps to the development team; Validate SIT and CAT results to ensure product meets acceptance criteria; Support production data validation and investigations;
- In a business support role - Triage and investigate user inquiries; query and analyze data to identify business insights; Create data visualizations and PowerPoint decks to communicate insights to client management/leadership; Develop canned data visualizations using Qlik
What you'll need
2 years of experience with:
- Detail oriented with strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Data analytics
- SQL or other structured query languages
Must be US Citizen or Permanent Lawful Resident (Green Card Holder). Employment must be compliant with eligibility for Public Trust Clearance due to Government Contract, which requires US Citizenship or permanent lawful residence (Green Card).
- Communications skills (both verbal & written) - ability to work and communicate with all levels in team structure
- Team player with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, work in a fast-paced environment, and effectively manage time.
- Experience with Data Visualization, Qlik
- Experienced with querying and exploring data within a NoSQL data platform (e.g. Hadoop/Hive)
- Postal or mailing industry experience
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Virginia Client Office (VA88)