Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
IT Project Manager- Behavioral Efficiency
IT Project Manager- Behavioral Efficiency
Location: San Francisco, CA; or flexible for the right candidate
Position Description:ICF is seeking an IT Project Manager with experience in the energy industry to join the Commercial Energy IT team. As a Technical Project Manager, you will be responsible for the overall project management of our behavioral efficiency and customer engagement programs and the face of ICF to our utility clients. You will be the go-to resource for customers and internal stakeholders, providing insight on how our behavioral efficiency program and software solution works and what it can do. You will learn the software inside and out and will work with customers and developers to help grow our software in an environment with rapid deployments and constant innovation. As a Project Manager, you will own specific client implementations and partner with people from various business areas to drive an on-time, on-budget implementation.
We're looking for a Project Manager who will focus on launching and managing ongoing operations for programs with our utility partners. This person will be both in charge of client communication and internal project management surrounding a launch. To be successful, you’ll need to collaborate with both internal and external resources, including utility program staff and ICF project implementation, product/engineering, marketing, finance teams. The right candidate needs to be adept and effective at cross functional communication and coordination.
Our implementation team’s background includes technical project management and software implementation consulting. Preferably, you have experience with behavioral efficiency, customer engagement and/or IT project and software solution implementation within the energy space, including project oversight, client management, and team management. This position may require occasional travel to client sites.
What You Will Do:
- Coordinate project delivery on medium to large behavioral energy and IT projects for the energy efficiency sector, including partnering with ICF subject matter experts on project execution
- Develop project plans, track schedule and budget and oversee implementation
- Maintain client relationships with program sponsors as well as project leads from client organizations
- Coach and mentor junior and mid-level staff
- Actively communicate with other teams to promote client needs and ensure delivery of work as outlined in scopes of work. Effectively communicate program status and health of project to clients.
- Create and maintain standard operating procedures and documentation for launches.
- Act as a trusted advisor for our utility partners managing the execution of the program launches including planning, project management, and client engagement focusing on an on-time launch and a satisfied customer.
- Proactively communicate with customers to ensure effective and delightful user experiences.
Development and New Business Support
- Test new development and own user acceptance of new features.
- Monitor questions and develop upstream solutions to recurring problems
- Usher new features through the development cycle and drive their success.
- Support business development, technical sales, and proposal activities
- Work closely with ICF’s IT program area leads to pursue new project opportunities in the utility, energy, and/or energy efficiency sectors
Travel up to 20%
What You Bring:
- Strong alignment and passion for the ICF values and mission.
- BS/BA in a related field
- 7+ years of professional experience
- 3+ years of technical project management experience
- demonstrated ability to manage schedule, project risks, and budget
- Patient, communicative, team player that is detail-oriented and has outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Proven experience working with external customers to define and implement complex solutions and/or address complex technical/process challenges.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to balance multiple short and long-term projects of varying scopes with customers across the country.
- Ability to present complex information to a variety of audiences both in person and over the phone.
- Experience maintaining a positive relationship with clients and colleagues.
- Curiosity about and commitment to technology and energy efficiency.
- Exposure to and understanding of Agile and other technical project management methodologies.
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Subject matter expertise with utility energy efficiency programs and behavioral programs in particular
- Experience managing IT projects, ideally in the utility, energy, and/or energy efficiency sectors
- Ability to provide strong direction of project teams to successfully execute project tasks, controlling scope, budget and schedule
- Ability to coordinate diverse program stakeholders
- Ability to develop strong subject matter expertise, lead analyses, and recommend and implement cost effective solutions
- Solid understanding of software development lifecycle, standard processes and best practices
- Strong customer service focus
- Experience working with and/or managing sub-contractors or vendors
- Experience with technical and solution sales processes
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision making capabilities
- Team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Resourceful and self motivated
- Sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information
- Ability to work with all levels of internal staff, as well as outside clients and vendors
- Superior interpersonal skills including courtesy, professionalism, and a cooperative attitude
You may be required to participate in periodic drug testing and background checks.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
San Francisco, CA (CA78)