Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior Consultant in Policy Research & Evaluation - Food, Farming, Animal Welfare, Environment
About the role
We are looking for Senior Consultant to join a growing team within our business that develops, analyses and evaluates policies relating to food, farming, animal welfare, and the environment. Our clients include Defra, the Food Standards Agency, the European Commission and the European Food Safety Authority. We are working on many of today’s most important policy issues, providing robust evidence and strategic support.
As a Senior Consultant you will be helping to define our approach to projects and to ensure their successful delivery using your technical and project management expertise. You will be providing analysis that has impact on decisions that matter. From day one, you will have the opportunity to contribute to a diverse range of assignments. You will deliver qualitative and quantitative research and analysis, including researching, scoping and contributing to analytical work. You will have the chance to develop your knowledge and skills further through excellent training and development support. Your personal development will benefit from our well-regarded line management and career guidance systems.
Your main responsibilities will be to:
- Perform research and analysis on public policy issues and programs
- Manage projects and tasks, and the work of colleagues and our partners
- Prepare descriptive and analytical reports and analyses
- Help us to win new work by contributing to compelling proposals
- Master’s degree in relevant discipline, or PhD
- Deep understanding of UK and/or European policy making process, experience of working on assignments for the UK Government or European Commission would be an advantage
- At least five years’ work experience within the context of UK or EU public policy in a related field
- Strong qualitative, quantitative and analytical skills
- Business development experience, including contributing to proposals / grant applications
- Advanced computer user skills (Microsoft applications)
- Exceptional writing skills
- Excellent oral and written English; fluency in at least one additional European language an advantage
- Highly developed, interpersonal skills and self-motivation
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy
Ready to apply?
Interested candidates are invited to follow the link and submit both a CV completed by a cover letter outlining motivations to apply.
ICF is a privacy conscious organisation and your trust is paramount to us. Find out here how we use and protect your data.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
London Riverscape (GB75)