Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Oracle PL/SQL Database Developer
We are seeking an experienced Oracle PL/SQL Database Developer with experience developing business intelligence applications who would like to join a challenging and exciting development project with the United States Postal Service. As part of the Corporate Reporting team, this position will involve mostly new application development but also production application support duties as well.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop complex database processes with PL/SQL containing batch or ETL functionality
- Develop and enhance an existing DataMart in an OLAP schema
- Requirements gathering, design, development, testing and documentation
- Design logical and physical ERD diagrams, process flow diagrams, or related data processing documentation
- Leverage Oracle 11G/12C features to their fullest on a large-scale multi-terabyte system
- Assist Decision Support team members including DBAs, database developers, requirements analysts, and others, in understanding data and meeting user requirements
- Participate in project work groups with Subject Matter Experts and stakeholders to understand data specific needs
- Participate in performance tuning activities
- Provide production deployment and production support as needed
- Analyzing and converting business requirements to technical requirements, followed by designing and implementing the solutions
- Involved in all aspects of the software development life cycle; - and demonstrate abilities to learn both the business processes as well as new and existing technologies
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- 5+ years of experience in designing, creating and developing Oracle database systems
- Strong programming/development skills using PL/SQL (package, procedures, functions, triggers) and batch coding skills such as Bulk collections, dynamic SQL, and parallel processing
- Solid experience designing partitioned and non-partitioned tables, indexes, temporary tables and external tables to maximize storage and performance
- Experience in developing logical and physical data models
- Experience designing OLAP systems
- Strong SQL development, SQL analytics and tuning skills
- Excellent analytic, troubleshooting and performance tuning skills
- Detail oriented with strong problem solving skills
- Ability to analyze complex and large amounts of data
- Strong communications skills (both verbal & written)
- Must be US Citizen or Permanent Lawful Resident (Green Card Holder). Employment must be compliant with eligibility for Public Trust Clearance due to Government Contract, which requires US Citizenship or permanent lawful residence (Green Card).
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity).
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Virginia Client Office (VA88)