Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
ICF is growing and we are searching for a Purchasing Manager to join our team. You will manage a team of Buyers, with varying levels of procurement experience, performing the tactical day-to-day purchasing transactions and supporting the acquisition of direct charge goods and COTS services as well as indirect charge goods and services across the organization. You will mentor the team to facilitate successful career growth and ensure consistent team success with daily tasks and initiatives. This role is based from our Fairfax, VA office.
What you will do:
- Perform Procurement administration/management in a hybrid Federal Government, State/Local, Commercial, and International contracting environment to include front-end proposal support, sourcing and soliciting potential vendors, contract negotiation, award, and administration through procurement closeout consistent with FAR Part 44 and internal policy and procedures.
- Organize processes and work flow for effective, efficient, and compliant outcomes.
- Assist with problem resolution and provide strategic guidance to departmental senior management as required.
- Analyze and calculate costs of procurement and develop methods to reduce company expenditure.
- Develop negotiation strategies to secure best value deals in support of US Government, Non-Federal, Commercial, State, and Local Prime contracts as well as indirect procurement initiatives.
- Supervise and train Procurement team on proper methodologies for developing Requests for Quotation/Proposal, performing price analysis, conducting and documenting negotiations, source selection, issuance of Purchase Orders, maintaining of file documentation, and closeout of Purchase Orders for goods and services in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Oversee the negotiation, documentation, and establishment of new procurement agreements including documentation of vendor's capabilities, development of proposal evaluations; creation and negotiation of agreements; and maintenance of compete and compliant official procurement files.
- Work with Procurement Compliance in the maintenance and improvement of policies and procedures, forms and templates for all procurement activity.
- Work closely with Operations and Corporate Business Services (CBS) to determine current and future procurement needs and determine best practices to support program initiatives and operations.
What you will need:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of formal training and experience in the field of Contracts Administration and Procurement
- 5+ years of Procurement and Contracts Administration experience
- Supervisory experience
- Knowledge of contract types and associated regulations to include time & material, fixed-price, cost reimbursable, the Service Contract Act, FAR and DFARs clauses and special provisions
- Working knowledge of accounting functions within a publicly traded organization
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Experience using Deltek Costpoint
- Ability to work in a high transactional volume fast-paced environment
What we would like:
- Certification as a Certified Purchasing Professional (CPP)
- Experience with successful implementation of CPSR requirements
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)