Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Head Start Program Specialist - Region VII
Client Based in Kansas City, MO
ICF seeks an experienced Program Specialist to provide ongoing, prompt and accurate programmatic assistance to Head Start (HS) and Early Head Start (EHS) grantees and will support Federal staff with high quality grants management services.
This position is based onsite at the Region VII Federal Office in Kansas City, MO.
- Initiate frequent and ongoing communication with assigned grantees regarding grant applications, program status and activities, and overall HS grant-funded operations.
- Ensure grantees receive pertinent information from Office of Head Start (OHS), including Information Memorandums, Program Instructions, and OHS announcements regarding initiatives, priorities, and quality expectations.
- Provide ongoing assistance to grantees by facilitating the interpretation and understanding of Federal HS Program Performance Standards.
- Provide consistent oversight and support to grantees to ensure full compliance with all Federal regulations.
- Maintain detailed and complete official electronic grant files, records pertaining to the receipt and tracking of grant applications and the grant review process, including negotiations and any post-award change requests.
- Participate in onsite monitoring visits, including follow ups and desk reviews as part of the monitoring review process.
- Participate in onsite yearly grantee visits as scheduled by the Regional Office.
- Review programmatic status reports, Program Information Report (PIR) data, monitoring data, monitor review findings, and work with programs to resolve any issues, noncompliance’s or deficiencies.
- Utilize the GrantSolutions and Head Start Enterprise (HSES) as needed.
- Provide ongoing support to grantees, including working in partnership with the Region X TA System to ensure grantees receive the necessary support.
- Participate in seminars and special training events or other activities as requested by OHS.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Education, Early Childhood Education, Child Development, Program Design and Management or related field.
- Three years of experience providing program support or management.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with Head Start/Early Head Start or other early childhood programs.
- Experience with program and data analysis using web-based and off-the-shelf data management software packages.
- Strong knowledge and experience with Head Start Performance Standards, all applicable federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations, child development, and program operations.
- Ability to provide ongoing monitoring support to grant-funded programs.
- Proficient computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office.
- Experience working within a Head Start Program.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making capabilities.
- Strong team player, with the ability to collaborate and work closely with Regional Office staff and other partners.
- Ability to work with all levels of internal staff, as well as outside clients.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Kansas City, MO (MO08)