Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Renewable Energy Engineer
Renewable Energy Engineer
ICF is seeking a motivated Renewable Energy Engineer with experience in the solar, storage, and wind energy industries. The position will be in our Golden, CO office or may work remotely. The Renewable Energy Engineer will support our work in the field of Independent Engineering and Owners Advisory with a focus in all scales of solar and other renewable generation. We seek candidates who will help us grow ICF’s private sector, Independent Engineering business segment by building on our established team.
The selected candidate will support renewable energy project reviews by developing resource assessments and expected performance of solar, storage, and/or wind assets. In addition, the Renewable Energy Engineer will review and evaluate the performance of operating projects, included assessments of potential causes for over- or under-performance. The selected candidate will perform technical analysis of pro forma models and financial and processing models in support of the due diligence of renewable projects. The Renewable Energy Engineer will be expected to participate heavily in the development of the software “toolkit” used to perform such analysis.
- Solar resource and generation analysis for solar facilities located in the US and abroad
- Wind resource assessment
- Storage system performance modeling
- Technical analysis of Pro Forma models including financial and processing models
- Contribute to existing and new modeling and analytical tool development
- Contribute as team member in execution of assignments (report writing, data and industry research, analysis, modelling, etc.)
- Preparation and/or review of reports used for project financing purposes
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science / Engineering / Meteorology or other discipline with equivalent experience.
- Strong understanding of solar and/or wind resource modeling.
- Proficiency in high-level programming languages (e.g., Microsoft VBA, Matlab, Python).
- Knowledge of solar resource and performance design tools such as PVsyst/SAM or other energy estimation related software tools. Candidates must understand modeling inputs as well as underlying physical principles and the associated uncertainties.
- 3 or more years of experience in the renewable energy industry.
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science / Engineering / Meteorology or other discipline with equivalent experience.
- 6 or more years of experience in the renewable energy sector. Preference will be given to candidates with experience in performing independent analysis and review of greenfield and operational generation facilities
- Experience in writing industry based technical papers (e.g. white papers).
- Experience and interest in business development and building client relationships.
- Possess advanced MS Office Excel and experience with other MS Office Suite applications
- A desire to work in a dynamic and diverse team environment.
- Exceptional data management and research skills
- Strong written, oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be organized, detail oriented, and have the ability to prioritize and multi-task under established deadlines
- Expect 20-40% travel.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Golden, CO (CO15)