Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Energy Efficiency Home Energy Advisors/Auditor - Southern Maryland Locations
Energy Efficiency Advisor / AuditorSpecializing in Home Energy Programs
This role is based in Southern Maryland to include the surrounding locations of White Plains, Hughesville, Prince Frederick and Leonardtown. The candidate will be working in the field 80% of the time with 20% dedicated to administrative / in office activities.
We are seeking Home Energy Advisors to conduct semi-comprehensive and precise residential home energy assessments in accordance with utility program standards while helping to facilitate program enhancement and growth. The Energy Advisor will be responsible in educating homeowners on how to make their homes less expensive to heat and cool, more safe, and more comfortable. They will also assist the customer in registering to upgrade their home through program-selected installation contractors.
Training is provided.
- Conduct home energy assessments in residential homes.
- Perform initial air leakage testing, and visual inspection of existing equipment within the home.
- Install instant savings measures such as light emitting diodes (LEDs), showerheads and other energy savings devices
- Interact with homeowners and tenants, answering questions regarding energy efficiency and recommend next steps
- Complete precise and accurate data collection and measurements that are to be entered in the utility modeling software (Beacon). Reports should accurately describe activities in the field and assist in monitoring progress towards program goals on customer participation and the completion of eligible projects
- Promote and encourage adoption of energy saving measures recommended in the home energy audit
- Provide or refer customers to technical, administrative and financial assistance for completion of recommended services
- Contribute to the evolution of program strategies and the design of program features and services
- Contribute to the deployment of program marketing and outreach campaigns
- Coordinate with / follow up on program Quality Assurance activities such as field inspections and customer surveys, as appropriate
- Provide information to customers on available incentives and additional resources, including scheduling assistance for comprehensive projects through program-selected installation contractors
- Prepare summary reports identifying opportunities found during residential visit
- Perform introductory energy audit in a timely and efficient manner
- Investigate main drivers of energy consumption in a given home
- Troubleshoot comfort issues within the home
- High School Diploma + 2-3 years related work experience, or Bachelor’s degree + 1 year related work experience
- Familiarity in promoting energy efficiency in the residential sector
- Basic mechanical skills and ability to install basic home items such as light bulbs, showerheads, and potentially thermostats (with training)
- Ability with lifting boxes up to 30 pounds, climbing stairs and ladders, driving, walking, standing, and above head/arm movements
- Must have a clear and clean driving record and pass drug and background check
- BPI certified Building Analyst or Energy Auditor OR willingness to obtain certification once hired
- Experience with CRM software / Beacon experience a plus
- Understanding / background in Building Science Application, HVAC, Utility or Construction
- Knowledge of the home improvement market in Maryland (direct experience in production, administration or sales, or experience working with home improvement industry at a utility, public agency or non-governmental organization)
- Advanced knowledge of residential energy-efficient technologies
- Customer service and/or sales conversion experiene#LI-CC1
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Maryland Remote Office (MD99)